1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for posting, though my question is what about his designs. Basically are they for sale or license? Don't think are in my scope of things to do but I'd hate these parts to disappear.

Hope the car goes for the appropriate price.

·
Super Moderator
10,294 Posts
I would be curious also; if someone was to pick up and make his parts officially would be nice.

I have a set of his IRS to Frame bushings that I'm measuring up, for possible open posting; unless I hear otherwise...

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
From what I've heard, his designs and lathe are spoken for. Another person is already beginning to produce identical Delrin IRS bushings as well.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
I would be curious also; if someone was to pick up and make his parts officially would be nice.

I have a set of his IRS to Frame bushings that I'm measuring up, for possible open posting; unless I hear otherwise...
You have a set you are considering selling? If so, I call dibs...

·
Super Moderator
10,294 Posts
Yeah, no way I'm selling those. :)

I looked into making these; DLF was a nice guy, and didn't make much at all on these.

This material is expensive; filled, self-lubricating Delrin, not a cheap knockoff.

Is someone going to make these for our cars, racecougar?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Man, what an incredible example of a Mark VIII! I just joined this community not long ago and I hated to hear of his passing. Seemed like he was a huge part of this group and made some very nice parts that are otherwise pretty much unobtainable. Hope this thing goes to someone who will take as good of care of it as he did!

Hopefully someone will take up the responsibility of making these delrin pieces. I may be interested in a set for my Bird once I get some Mark VIII LCAs.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
That's good to hear. Honestly hope it was a licensing deal (for his wife).

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
From what I've heard, his designs and lathe are spoken for. Another person is already beginning to produce identical Delrin IRS bushings as well.
Will this include the strut spacers?
I sure hope so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts