TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Will the cluster fit and work in a 89 cougar with a digital dash?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the cluster fit and work in a 89 cougar with a digital dash?
I doubt it. The dash shape from a 95 Lincoln Mark VIII is not even close to an 89 Merc/Tbird cluster. I mean unless someone knows something I don't I don't see how this could fit.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
O well.
I wasn't sure.
So much for that idea

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i noticed that the LED'S are out of a 96/97 t-bird. Do you know if these will fit a 95? if so I think I would like them all.
Yup, they'll fit. From 93 to 97 they are all interchangable. My car is a 95 and it currently has 97 LED panels in it... and in addition my car has a 94 trunk lid on it from my prior 94 SC parts car.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neighbor ... can the Thunderbird emblem be removed so that lights can be used on Cougar???? thanks ... ron :)
I've never looking into it but the Cougar might need a trunk lid change to accommodate the T-bird lights, and I do not believe the roll of the decklid matches the top of the cougar quater panel. i have never looked into this and could be way off base though. However, if they do fit I think it is going to be difficult to remove the T-bird emblem from the rear LED panel. I suppose you might be running the risk of cracking a lens. On the same token, at 10 bucks a piece and some shipping you could buy em and then try to remove it to see how it works out. Just know in advance that the lens has the shape of the emblem molded into it... it isn't flat once you get the molding off.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just lowereed the prices on a few items and marked a set of the red corner and LED lights as SOLD. I am shipping out the one set today.

The only other thing I have to correct is that if someone now wants the other 4 LED panels together they are not 50 bucks since that was for all of the original 6 panels together. They are 10 a piece or 30 bucks for the remaining 4 plus shipping.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They look like 95-95 to me. Im just saying though. Wish I wasnt broke from my move. Or else I would probably go for those taillights.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yeah minutes after the post on antoher sale thread i figured that one out....

Yeah they are some nice lights, my neighbor has a 93 SC sitting there minus the GFX( I have them) and he has the taillights but there are a few cracks or I would have them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Side moldings, have any more pics?? Assuming from a 96-97??
The T-bird set and both Mark VIII sets are both from 95 cars. The Lincolns were 95 LSCs ans I believe are the same from 93 to 97/98. The T-bird ones came off my 95 LX. I don't remember what other years they fit other than 94, if any.

I don't have additional pics off hand, but if you tell me which mouldings you want more pics of I can take them and post.

Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Other pics are not needed now that I took a look at some members cars....

I have been him hawing around the idea of switching the molding of my 93 with some like that, but I am undecided...

Are they gouged up, are they going to need some icing or filler?

I see the long peices have a few little black nicks in them, just curious how much work they would take.. And assume they are applied with double side sticky tape..

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Other pics are not needed now that I took a look at some members cars....

I have been him hawing around the idea of switching the molding of my 93 with some like that, but I am undecided...

Are they gouged up, are they going to need some icing or filler?

I see the long peices have a few little black nicks in them, just curious how much work they would take.. And assume they are applied with double side sticky tape..
The white ones are perfect but need paint... the black "chip" marks on those are the paint that has flaked.

The maroon ones are in very good shape but could be swiped with some icing. There is the one scuff in it. It is even possible that sanding and a little fill primer could take care of it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Either way i will have to paint them. But I have to decide if i think it will look right on my car...And that I can get the wider strips off my 93 LX easily....Do you know how they are adhered and how to get them off?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Either way i will have to paint them. But I have to decide if i think it will look right on my car...And that I can get the wider strips off my 93 LX easily....Do you know how they are adhered and how to get them off?
On my 95 LX the moldings just peel off. Then I used a tar and grease remover to cut the rest of the adhesive off... on the wider 93 moldings I don't know off hand if they will be the same way or if they used use a location nipple on the back of the molding. If they use a location nipple on the back then you will have a line of holes in the door after removing it. That will not be a big deal if you plan on placing a molding on afterward, but if you are going to remove the existing and then drive around for awhile before replacing the moldings you might not like the holes being there.

You might want to ask in the general tech area is there are location holes in the doors and quarters on a 93 Bird/Cougar under the side moldings just to be sure.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts