TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I changed it so the "little one's" you have browsing TCCoA late at night wouldn't see it on the screen. I realize it had no nudity but some of you "guys" still found it offensive. Again I apologize.

-J

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
OKC Bird;

You know, I won't even say it............

I am beginning to think you must be around 14 years old.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
the phrase "taking it way too far" comes to mind

·
Registered
935 Posts
Okay dude, your a moron! Anyone who uses a swastica as an avatar needs a serious brain check!

I don't see how "little ones" will find this one less offensive?

If this is your sign of humor, you failed...

-Tim

·
Registered
252 Posts
okcbird, that is really f**king offensive, tasteless, and disrespectful.

You should be banned for that s**t. Seriously.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Nothin like a oneway ticket to the banned list, huh? I'll give him 2 weeks to cool his jets. Then if continues to be an a$$, it's changed to permanent.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
okcbird said:
...I changed it so the "little one's" you have browsing TCCoA late at night wouldn't see it on the screen. I realize it had no nudity but some of you "guys" still found it offensive. Again I apologize.

-J
I feel I should respond so you know who "complained". I talked to Shadow because I was written up at work while viewing TCCoA.com because of your avitar. I had told Shadow that I felt it wasnt apropriate for the web site (there where others to that might be questionable but specificly yours was the one that happened with) I had mention to Shadow what happened and at that time he informed me that he knew of the problem and was waiting on SW he also showed me how to turn off avitars (I didnt know how at the time).

OKCbird I have nothing against you personly. I pointed out a possible issue with the apropriate moderators to see if they where aware of the issue and they where.

I am sorry you had to lose your cool on the board like you did and I hope you will come back.

Thanks, Thunderterd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thunderterd said:

I feel I should respond so you know who "complained". I talked to Shadow because I was written up at work while viewing TCCoA.com because of your avitar. ...
:uppoint: :bangwall: :rofl:

It's not cool you got wrote up, but we just had to do the same thing for dipsh*t at my work who spends over seven hours a day on a Buick website. This is one of the points we made to get him wrote up, some of the banners on the page had (actual) nudity.

I personally really liked his avatar, so in fact I contacted him for the original. Of course, I don't have kids yet, and I goof off on enough other boards that I know to turn them off when I'm at work or when the family comes over. So I'm probably a little biased.

I didn't get to see the second avatar, but if it was the swastika... LOL I can see the humor in it. I think two weeks is a bit excessive, okc has been a pretty good contributor in the past.

Ahh well, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Silkwood said:
I didn't get to see the second avatar, but if it was the swastika... LOL I can see the humor in it.
It was a swastika. I don't find any humor in that at all. And I do have a sense of humor. That was just over the edge.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
It was a really hot chick taking her clothes off! Well mostly off. I did watch it a few times, well, more than a few, any who. Lets get back to the cool stuff.....MN12'S
Okc and I cant seem to get along although our "relationship" on the boards has been better lately.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Lets just say I see the point he was attempting to make. However, I too do not see the humor in a Nazi flag. The new one is much!!! better.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Indians. However this was most definately a Nazi flag, not just a swastika

·
Registered
204 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Lets just say I see the point he was attempting to make. However, I too do not see the humor in a Nazi flag. The new one is much!!! better.
The new one is pretty much one of the more childish things I've seen done bye the "authoritay" on this board. While he can't use his ID on the boards, you go on to do something like that. Isn't there something in the Geneva Convention that prohibits that?

This crap just adds to the bashing that goes on other sites regarding this website.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I suppose I can see the point of that being in 'bad taste' or 'bad humor' because it's 'not fair' due to Okc not being able to use his ID. Though it proves the point that not everyone will agree on what's funny.

And while some may not find his new 'authoritay imposed' avatar funny, I doubt it will offend anyone except the owner of the ID; who regardless if he did it not realizing it would offend anyone, brought it upon himself.

(And how exactly does the Geneva Convetion apply to a BBS?)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Ya know what Silkwood, without rules, you'd be dead. Without somebody to make decisions on what was good and what was bad, you'd be dead. Without somebody to enforce those decisions, you'd be dead. Are so naive as to not understand this most basic of points?

What Josh did first was push the limit. He found out he was passed it. No biggie, just adjust and go on. But what he did instead is to attempt to flaunt his ability to change his avatar at will and point a finger at the "authoritay" (what the hell kind of word is that anyway?). For peace and harmony and all that stuff to continue, that sort of activity cannot be ignored.

I am a firm believer in free speech, however not when that speech so blatantly offends others. Why not show a bunch of dead babies too and really tick off the whole world. We all have the right to express ourselves, but not at the expense of others.

.....and if you don't like it, there's the freaking door. I WILL stand up for MY beliefs!

[/soapbox mode]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Silkwood said:
The new one is pretty much one of the more childish things I've seen done bye the "authoritay" on this board. While he can't use his ID on the boards, you go on to do something like that.
Bullsh*t. What okcbird did was childish and ignorant. He deserves it. Actually, I think the new avatar is kinda funny.

BTW - the authority here is much better and fair than on some other boards, say, the Corral.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.