TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who know him and don't know what is going on his prison, where he is a guard at, is closing down. We are trying thru petitions and such to stop that. I talked to him on the phone tonight. I will be getting signatures at my DJ gig Thursday night and the rest of the people are passing them around. I signed one at my door earlier today. I just thought I would update you all I hem seen alot of people asking about him here and there lately.

Later,
jay

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
awww man Steve is the man.... Sucks man that he is losing his job.... Tell him there are tons of Prisons in Connecticut... I got a buddy that works at one... I could put in a word.... he owes me a favor....

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
jordansypek said:
awww man Steve is the man.... Sucks man that he is losing his job.... Tell him there are tons of Prisons in Connecticut... I got a buddy that works at one... I could put in a word.... he owes me a favor....
no way, he stays here. He's coo :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Message edited due to stupidity

·
Registered
215 Posts
That BLOWS BIG TIME....

Sorry to hear it Slowride...Hope you guys can save it...Thanx BOB TAFT you jacka$$...later dude...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Round them up

Lets go out and round up some ricers and put them in the system for bad taste in car mods, and send them to Slow rides prison so he can have a job.

And their punishment, would have to be, learning how to make Steves car get into the 9s only using the Jegs, Summit, and TCCOA.

Then they have to work on ONLY Ford cars, DAMN RICERS

That will show them to mount oversized airplane wings ontheir trunk decks.

On a serios note, i thought i heard on the ONN that "jobs were saved in Lima" but i dont know if that was the prison or not.

Chris......DAYTON LOVES YOU SLOWRIDE

·
Registered
748 Posts
OK guys. Sorry I haven't been around but they are closeing my prison...Lima Correctional Institution. I know I recently posted alittle about it in other posts / boards, but here's basically what's going on. Since they've announced the closing, my Union Chapter, and statewide Union body and people from the 3 prisons and the LIma area have been fighting with the politicians in Columbus. This is where most of my time has been spent....doing what I can to keep us open.

Anyways, we made some SERIOUS progress until last week, when the bill (The Budget Correction Bill--House Bill 40) containing language to keep us open, or least postpone the closeing, was shot down by the REPUBLICAN SENATORS in a party vote. What was really meesed up was it came down to one Senator's vote (Senator Watchman) to keep the discussion goin or tabeling the subject. Well, he has publicly stated he was in support of us, but when it came time for him to vote....he turned his back on us and voted to have it tabled----basically because he didn't want to go against his own political party. Then it went back to the house, and with the union's consent--they decided to pass the bill WITHOUT the language to keep us open.

GOOD NEWS is though, the House is prepareing a seperate bill, containing the same language that was in the Budget Correction Bill, and are going to get it going by Thursday this week. Apparrently, there is alot of support in the House, who's majority is in support of us, and Senate to pass it as it's own bill, especially after our Rally in C-bus this past Monday....which I guess was very positive amoung both the House and Senate. Also found out tonite, that a large transferre of inmates scheduled for North Central Correctional next week has been POSTPONED....so maybe we're making headway again.

There's just so many things that is going on here, so many facts I can tell you all, but this would be a HUGE post if I post it all. Generally though, not are we trying to keep Lima Correctional open, but we're trying to save the Lima community and local economy. With all the jobs and money Lima has already lost, the closeing of any of the three prisons in Lima, ESPECIALLY Lima Correctional, will now devestate the economy of Lima. This will trickle down and cause the loss of other jobs in local businesses, industries, public services, and so on and so on........many of whom are already struggling.

Well, this is why I haven't been on here much at all lately. Gotta fight if ya want to win...ya know??? And I've never been one to "lay down". If anyone would like to help, wether you live around Lima or not, ........you can always send e-mails, letters, or call the House Reps., Senators, and Gov. Bob Taft and express your concernes and tell him this is NOT what the people of Ohio want him to do.........try to balance the budget on the backs of the Ohio people and public servants......especially in economic need. Also, instead of takeing jobs from the public prisons.......he should close the PRIVATE prisons first............which by the way, all the money the private prisons make go out of OHio to UTAH.......we need to keep money in OHIO, not send it to another state.

Gotta go all, see and / or talk to ya all soon.
Slowride

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
House-Senate, Senate-House back and forth and round and round. Nebraska was thinking when they instituted the unicameral.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts