TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to cleaning out the garage enough so I can get the wintered Bird as well as my Windstar in the same bay. Only 2" to spare on each side...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You've got balls. I wouldn't be comfortable backing that close to my bird every day. Why don't you get some wheel dollies and put the bird in sideways?

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GreenBird said:
You've got balls. I wouldn't be comfortable backing that close to my bird every day. Why don't you get some wheel dollies and put the bird in sideways?
It won't fit sideways. In the 2nd pic, you can see a concrete pillar in the way. Plus, I need to keep the door clear in the back of the garage - it leads to our casket showroom.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Saw that you blacked out you plates, but did you check you windows. :D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
What about car dollies so you can scoot the bird as far into the corner as possible to give you a coupe extra inches so you don't fubar that lovely pearl paint? Believe me, you don't want to have to have it redone....

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
WOOOO, that's one hell of a squeeze, I remember once at a local high school football game, I couldn't find anywhere to park, I squeezed into a spot so tight I thought I was gonna break off my sideview mirrors, anyways, I had to climb out my sunroof and down the back of the car, but dammit, I know how to park, lol.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jemplayer said:
Saw that you blacked out you plates, but did you check you windows. :D
Actually, the flash did the plates for me....
As for the windows, you can't trace half of the plate ;)

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AverageJoe said:
What about car dollies so you can scoot the bird as far into the corner as possible to give you a coupe extra inches so you don't fubar that lovely pearl paint? Believe me, you don't want to have to have it redone....

I should take more pics -

The distance from the wall next to the Bird to the concrete pillar is exactly 5 inches greater than the width of the cars put together. The Bird cannot get any closer to the wall next to it or the wall behind it. It is right up against them. I thought of getting those car dollies until I realized I could just back up the Bird in a "parallel parking" fashion and get it just as close. I have wood paneling covered in old blankets between the wall and the car just in case.

Also - I've already had the hood and front bumper cover repainted twice, along with the rear bumper once. None of those were my fault (rocks fell off a truck and I got rear-ended).

·
8,239 Posts
reminds me of my uncles barn in ohio. His buddies all store their cars in it over winter, and there is two classic mustangs wedged in the back of his barn sideways on those roller jack things. Whoever invented those roller jacks is a genius :)

JH

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stephen Heinze said:
keep the windstar out...keep the Bird IN
I was debating that in a previous thread...

The Bird is worth around 5K - the van I just got stickered at 29,800.

Which should I have in the garage?

Both!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That's almost as tight a spot as I had to back an ambulance into... No kidding... 1" or less on either side. The morons that where adding onto the local hospital had stacked cement blocks up on one side of the ambulance bay, leaving just enough room between them and the cement pillar to get the rig in if you had good eyes...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Why not park the bird at a 45* angle and the windstar at a 45* angle? That might solve the problem. :)

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
drivex said:
Pearl White.

BEST COLOR EVER.
Best color ever until something happens that requires you to paint the car.... :leftright

·
Registered
115 Posts
drivex said:
Pearl White.

BEST COLOR EVER.
I love the White Opalescent paint on my 95 SC.. til it gets dirty :)

I'm looking at repainting the hood and both the front and rear bumper in 2004... just got a set of 97 handles from ford painted the right color, so I guess I won't need em painted :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts