TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
for $600 you can buy a brand new kit. zex kits work really well and are easy to install, you can pick up a 75-125 shot kit for under $500. go on ebay motors under parts and look at what's for sale, there's some good deals.

·
Registered
138 Posts
dry kit is not really safer than a wet kit, backfire happens with wet kit yes but thats usually because they sprayed at like 2000 rpm

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
How much money you got to put on that pal?

You running a composite plastic intake??? I've seen them backfire or blow intakes at 3-4000 Rpm on a wet kit. NEVER seen it happen on a dry one especially with a TPS sensor activated one as long as it was working and used properly.

So I hereby disagree with your statement.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Steve is right. A dry kit (especially) Zex is technically safer, but it is also "technically" harder to tune. Worrying about backfire though, Steve is right as far as dry kits. However I spray at 2500rpms and have no issues.... just depends on the setup, car, etc....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
So these dry kits require stock fuel pressure.. What if you had 50 psi of fuel pressure? What if you have larger injectors and a custom tune? Will the dry kit still work right?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am going with the Zex Dry Kit, with the Accesory package as well. All the bells and whistles, as they say. Getting in stalled properly ( or for those whose tools inclde more than a knife and fork, read the instructions and do it yourself). New Fuel pump. makybe bigger injectors. if you have a chip already, it will need to be told that your doing some *** kickin so it can join in the fun. Just remember, that like anything else, it needs to be taken care of and run responsibly. Make sure all the parts that keep the car safe are in good order. It dosnt matter if you run a ten, if the front supsension has gone for a **** and chooses just that time to let you know it?
Have some fun, be reponsible, be safe, and no STREET RACING. Use a sanctioned trak.

·
Registered
397 Posts
tbirdmedic said:
Have some fun, be reponsible, be safe, and no STREET RACING. Use a sanctioned trak.

Words of wisdom.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to figure out my problem with my car first i guess.. im sending the chip to lonnie... im going to have him throw on 2 extra programs for nitrous and another for 87 gas... never know when the gas prices will go up like crazy again.. I already have a street none nitrous tune now..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts