TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completely stripped and rebuilt ford engine. It came out of a 1961 Ford Thunderbird 4bbl Carb. I had the block and heads magmaflux to check for cracks and other damages. It all came back clear. I had the work done at Banes Machine Shop. All internals are from Summit Racing. Both rod and main bearings are competition 3 layered metal bearing from Federal Mogul. The pistons rings are from Federal Mogul as well. I have a new complete gasket set being used on the fresh block. I had the crank polished and cleaned. I am using a performance Comp CAM. Some other little details are it comes with a new distributor and timing set. I also have the ford bolts for all the accessories...they are chrome and on the bolt head it says FORD.

I am listing this listing early I hope to have the engine completely put together and running by this weekend. The reason I am selling the engine is that I need the money for my rent and classes and I no longer have the option to use tbird I was going to put the engine back into. My price is $2500obo on craigslist but will sell at cost to anyone on here($2,000).

To check out pictures go to: http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/mathoma17/Ford Thunderbird 1961 390 Engine Overhau l/?start=all
Please note in the pictures that I used ford racing blue engine paint for the block and heads. I had the intake, timing cover, valve covers, and oil pan powder coated in chrome. As of now most of the engine is together which isn't repersented in the pictures.

Please note I didn't have this engine bored. It is all standard sizes. So buy my engine and put it in your car, truck, or boat!! If you are needing a transmission I found a few on Craiglist that will work for about $100 give or take.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Your link doesn't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts