TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it fit?? anyone got it done if it does fit?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes itw ill. I myself am in the middle of putting together a race car (tbird) witha 460 in it. There are also about two others who have the swap done.......do a search for 460 and or swap and youll find something

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I didn't know that many people had done it. I thought the only one there was was that 35th Aniversary SC.

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
I've seen pics of it done............I'm 95%sure i seen the pics of it done on the sccoa site. I may be wrong but i think a 4.6l and a 460 are really close to the same size externally. I read someplace that was the case.

Alan

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Yes it fits and yes it has been done! I would personally like to see a 427 cammer go into MN12!

;)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Anything will fit if you have enough money. I just want to see how the exhuast is done on one, I'd imagine you'd have a heck of a time fitting 2" primary headers in there, which is what you'd need on a 460 that makes decent horsepower.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Anything will fit if you have enough money. I just want to see how the exhuast is done on one, I'd imagine you'd have a heck of a time fitting 2" primary headers in there, which is what you'd need on a 460 that makes decent horsepower.
Two words:

Leg Pipes!

I always thought they would look really cool on a T-Bird!

Doug

·
Registered
404 Posts
The headers fit fine....the only thing you have to worry about is the clearance of the steering wheel shaft around the headers. But there is a fix

·
Registered
709 Posts
isn't the Ford Racing NHRA yellow 97 Bird a 460??? I'm sure there is allot of work to be figured in mounts, suspension, headers and other things like brake boosters and stearing linkages. It can be done as we have seen... beef up the frame (or lack of) and you will have one bad bird!

Jake

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tony said:
Yes it fits and yes it has been done! I would personally like to see a 427 cammer go into MN12!

;)
:bowdown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts