TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a 1994 Ford Aerostar with the 3.0L V-6.
The motor just doesn't want to start.:(
When i turn the key i can hear the fuel pump run so i don't think it's that. When i try to start it it kinda wants to start but doesn't.
If I hold the gas to the floor and crank it long enough it eventually fires. It'll run very bad for about a minute (stumbling and shaking) And then it'll just smooth out and run perfect...After it's been started it'll start right back up unless it sits for a while (overnight)...
After researching a bit i figured it was the Ignition Control Module so i replaced that....it didn't help. Is there any sensors or anything that causes this problem? What do you all think? The "Check Engine" light hasn't come on...T.I.A.
Erik

·
Registered
125 Posts
check the fuel pressure. be sure that is is not bleeding off. if it is, check the vac line that runs to the fuel pressure regulator for fuel in it. if there is fuel in the line, the regulator is bad. if not, might have a sticky injector. if pressure holds, it might be something else like a dirty iac or something... but beg borrow or steal a fuel pressure test guage.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...

I forgot....i also replaced the i.a.c. valve. After some more research i'm thinking maybe a bad t.p.s.? If there was a fuel problem things would be bad all the time...right? When i finally get the thing to fire after a min. of running like crap it smooths out and drives fine and starts right back up all day...it's just the first start of the day is a bit#h...

Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts