·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Ford sold its Aston Martin, Land Rover and Jaguar brands,

I new Aston was sold, Who brought Jaguar ??

Thanks Trunk for the info

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford sold its Aston Martin, Land Rover and Jaguar brands,

I new Aston was sold, Who brought Jaguar ??

Thanks Trunk for the info
You're welcome.

Regarding Jaguar, I found the following at Wikipedia:

On March 26th 2008, Indian automaker Tata Motors reached an agreement with Ford to purchase their Jaguar & Land Rover operations; the sale is expected to be completed by the end of the second quarter of 2008.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
The easy money already happened on F last month. I bought and sold it twice for good gains.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
as much as i hate to say, i think mercury needs to be dissolved. like gm did with olds.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You're welcome.

Regarding Jaguar, I found the following at Wikipedia:

On March 26th 2008, Indian automaker Tata Motors reached an agreement with Ford to purchase their Jaguar & Land Rover operations; the sale is expected to be completed by the end of the second quarter of 2008.
Hey...just a little rant...

If you're going to post credible sites for information purposes...Wikipedia is NOT your best source. Something like CNN, MSN, NY Times, etc are much more reputable. Wik can be edited by ANYONE, so it's not always true.

Just my $0.02:zwall:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Private posts are no good, damn it... Some of us just got here!!

Give!! Unless it starts a flame war......

H
It could possibly start a flame war, so I'm not gonna be the one to spill. But if it does start a flame war, I would gladly sit here and laugh at it :tongue:

- Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

If you're going to post credible sites for information purposes...Wikipedia is NOT your best source. Something like CNN, MSN, NY Times, etc are much more reputable. Wik can be edited by ANYONE, so it's not always true.

Oh I agree. The Wikipedia isn't always the best source but it is a mostly reliable source that is well cited and cross referenced.

In this case, the story is referenced back to a press release on Tata Motors own website. It doesn't get any more credible than that.

It could possibly start a flame war, so I'm not gonna be the one to spill. But if it does start a flame war, I would gladly sit here and laugh at it :tongue:

- Mark
I'd like to see a good flame war too. We haven't had a good one since Sinhumane got the boot.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

Yea the editorial staff at the NY Times is a much more reputable source... :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

Don't get me started about the rest of them...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I think its possible for Ford to keep it going, however IMHO one of the big three is going to make it a big 2 sometime in the next few years. There is just too many of them now chasing a shrinking market (wait till the Chinese cars start arriving)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts