TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the 95car11.nrg file and burned it to a CD with Nero. When I open the CD I have several folders, an a fileinstall, and a setup file. I'm confused, why doesn't the program just run when you put the cd in and click open? I just see these folders.

Anybody?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
My guess is that it is an older version - software wise, that still runs off of DOS type commands.

When I received my 95 Ford CD, I had to run the setup.exe file to install it.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
It has to be installed to your hard drive, just use setup file then you can run the program.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHen I run the setup file I get a window that says can't run 16bit file on the header of window. Then in the body says I don't have enough memory, close applications....thats bs, this file surely doesnt use as much memory compared to PC sims..they run fine. Closed all things running in backround I could still same message.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
If you can't get it to work, just PM me with an mailing address, and I'll send you a copy of my 95 Ford CD.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Rolling-Thunder said:
My guess is that it is an older version - software wise, that still runs off of DOS type commands.

When I received my 95 Ford CD, I had to run the setup.exe file to install it.

*chuckles to himself* dos....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rolling-Thunder said:
If you can't get it to work, just PM me with an mailing address, and I'll send you a copy of my 95 Ford CD.
Hey I would apprecitiate that, I don't understand what the deal is, I've done stuff like this in the past. It baffles me. Its rather simple, here is exactly what I did:

1. d'led file.
2. Doubled clicked it.
3. Showed file to extract
4. Double clicked it
5. Nero opened up and burned it to CD.
6. Opened CD and clicked on the install exe.
7. Then what I stated above in other posts happens.

Sent ya a PM. Thanks!!:)

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
My post on the DOS stuff was just a guess - only that.

There are some programs that will autoinstall - while others will not.

I am sure that there is some Techno-wizard out there who can explain it to us in words that we'll never understand....lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts