TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking lately for some clear corners for my 1994 'bird... saw them on a forest green car a few weeks ago and thought they'd look good on my maroon one. But i'd like to get Ford parts if at all possible, I've done a search on here for them and seen poor fitment w/aftermarket ones, etc. I've found the part # (FD89TB-2153CLI) to be unavailable from a couple vendors... anyone know of any retailers who still carry this part - or know a good aftermarker co/vendor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heard of a lot that haven't... if you can link me to who the seller was on eBay, i want to make sure that the ones i get fit that good too :)

thank you - please get back to me, kinda psyched about these :tup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
ive been waiting to buy a set as well..... im real picky about things lining up good as stock and most everybody says these aftermarkets dont line up worth crap.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts

they fit fine with no issues.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Chorizon, where did you get yours from? those look nice in the pics, are they completely flush and lined up? you say no issues, but im really picky.....

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
they fit as good or better than the original corners, the fit is very flush, they do follow the line of the headlights very well. i can't tell you where they were purchased new because i swapped them for the original corners off my 92 a while back with a friend here on the board,

so i dunno where he bought them from, i would imagine they were purchased on ebay, but they have stood up pretty well to the elements, no leaking fogging up, that sort of thing.....:D

·
8,239 Posts
ghettostyleTA said:
I've been looking lately for some clear corners for my 1994 'bird... saw them on a forest green car a few weeks ago and thought they'd look good on my maroon one. But i'd like to get Ford parts if at all possible, I've done a search on here for them and seen poor fitment w/aftermarket ones, etc. I've found the part # (FD89TB-2153CLI) to be unavailable from a couple vendors... anyone know of any retailers who still carry this part - or know a good aftermarker co/vendor?

Ford wouldn't make this part, its illegal to run a car without amber corners, or side markers.

Since the tbird doesn't have a side reflector, it uses the corner, so ford wouldn't make it.

The aftermarket stuff is cheap, but put them on and you will want new headlights as well.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
JustinH said:
.... put them on and you will want new headlights as well.
no kidding.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
o_O are you serious?

It's two nuts (11mm IIRC), remove these, then pry on the assembly and it should pop out. Remove light fixture. Ta-da, it's the same procedure as it is to change a cornerlamp.

Best,
Ghost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts