TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who owns one or knows of anyone who has one. They look pretty nice..i was thinkin of purchasing a second car and for the winter that would be cool. I have never drivin one before but they seem pretty quick 195hp's..not as fast as a supercoupe but nothin can touch a bird..haha. i would get a coupe but i want my second car to be diffrent. If you have heard good or bad things about thses cars let me know

Thanks J

·
Registered
861 Posts
i've never driven one but i always thought they were nice looking cars, if i had a choice between contour svt and focus svt i'd pick the contour anyday. oh yeah, i think i read somewhere they go 135mph...

·
Registered
180 Posts
i beat one in a street race a few months back!
anyway, they do look a hell of alot better than a reg. contour.
a buddy of mine had one. he thought it was the shi#$. he really liked it. they do have a high compression engine, so be willing to shell out extra $ at the pump

frank

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If your interested in those, you should at least check out an SHO. They are older, and are dirt cheap. $2500 will buy you a very nice gen I or II.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Check out www.contour.org

A buddy of mine has a 2000 contour. They do have a few issues, the transmissions don't hold up well to hard use and the waterpump impellers can fail as well. This is all I can think of for major problems right now.

One thing you can do with them is put a 3.0 litre duratec motor from a taurus into one with the svt top end. A few people have done this with mixed results, a proper tuning from fordchip would probably help a lot.

If you do get one, a SVT model would be the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts