TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non Tbird but Ford f150 related

I can't find anywhere onthe net. What is the stock diameter of the tailpipe on the 2004 and 2005 F150. Me and Dad are trying to find a stainless stell or Black chrome tip for his 2004 FX4. He has black tube steps, bed rials and bull guard so we thinkthe black chrome tip in we're not sure what shiup would look awosme but without being home to measure. IDK. Any ideas without hacking the exhaust. I think a weld on weld on would be best. Any pics? for now it will stay single exhaust in stock location. Also the cheapest air intake for the 2004 3valve seems to be a K&N I found for $204 plus 30 shipping which is strange for them. Any other suggestiosn there?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have a 03 F150 supercrew fx4 I have similiar stuff but my step bar is chrome and a black polarbear brush guard. I had my exhaust done not to long ago and I had them run dual pipes from the muffler go straight out the back with 3 inch 45 degree chrome tips and I think it look's sweet. I can try to get some pictures for you later when I get home. ooo yeah www.f150online.com might have some info for ya.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
stupid question, but why dont you measure whats on the truck now?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live a few miles apart and he said whatever I decided would be fine by him and I thought it would be faster to searcht he net quick then go out in the rain and check but guess not. Hey the tips look good for what ic an see onthe truck.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I *THINK* the stock pipe diameter is either 2 1/4" or 2 1/2". For an intake, I'm not sure what to get. He might consider doing electric fans and ditching the clutch fan. Most people who have done that have gained 1-3 mpg plus have better throttle response.

Mods to my 00 F150
K&N filter, SI/DO Magnaflow muffer with dual 18x3 SS tips, polished Westin nerf bars, Cobra CB radio, Fog Light mod, and Mach MP3 radio.

You can see the polished bars in this pic :D

Also, check out www.fordf150.net as well.

-Melon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts