TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,491 Posts
Cool car! Maybe try to convince the wife that a wagon would help hauling stuff for the house and get better gas mileage than a truck?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Wow, that takes me back! My step-mom drove a white 1980 Zephyr for YEARS.

Looked exactly like this one:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Holy crap thats ugly. I will never understand the wagon fad. Now 2 door then insert your favorite v8, that would be cool

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Im kinda digging the fox stang front on them.. Different and neat, fast and have room to haul things.. Nice combo lol
I wouldnt mind owning the white one with blue stripes. Has a monster under that hood

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
I do like that four-eye 'stang clip on the wagon.

RwP

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I just sold this 1980 2-door factory 200ci/4sp a couple months ago. Fairly rare optioned. Guy was gonna build a track car.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My Dad had a 1980 Fairmont with the wood trim. It originally came with a 3.8L but upgraded to a V8. He said it was still a little show with the V8. I am not sure what he put in it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I just sold this 1980 2-door factory 200ci/4sp a couple months ago. Fairly rare optioned. Guy was gonna build a track car.

Now thats what Im talking about. Add a 351 and paint it a dark color.

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
It's not an LTD II, It's an LTD!!! That's a real pet peeve of mine.

The LTD II designation was only used on the 77-79 intermediates. The 83-86 Fox LTD was a botched downsizing effort to start the phasing out of the Panther platform, which was now christened "LTD Crown Victoria" in all forms, including base. The full size comeback of the mid 80s of course prolonged Panther production for another 25 years, so in effect the Fox LTD could be percieved as a small companion model to the big LTD (just as the 77-79 Torino based LTD II was a few years earlier), but the reality was the Fox was simply intended to displace the Panther as the new "downsized fullsized" car of the 80s, just as Chrysler and GM had been doing.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I love that Futura, everything about it. It would be sweet to own that.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Still see quite a few Fairmont/Zephyrs on the road around here. I got some pictures someplace of an unmolested 4 speed wagon someplace.

I had a number of these, this was the last one:

I had a couple of 2 doors that ended up being more Mustang parts than Fairmonts.

I generally had 4 doors, then once I started a family and kids I started doing 2 doors, not sure why.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's not an LTD II, It's an LTD!!! That's a real pet peeve of mine.

The LTD II designation was only used on the 77-79 intermediates. The 83-86 Fox LTD was a botched downsizing effort to start the phasing out of the Panther platform, which was now christened "LTD Crown Victoria" in all forms, including base. The full size comeback of the mid 80s of course prolonged Panther production for another 25 years, so in effect the Fox LTD could be percieved as a small companion model to the big LTD (just as the 77-79 Torino based LTD II was a few years earlier), but the reality was the Fox was simply intended to displace the Panther as the new "downsized fullsized" car of the 80s, just as Chrysler and GM had been doing.
Lol an LTD II front end would be HILARIOUS on a Fairmont wagon...

Please someone photoshop it! :tongue: :D

It will be even funnier than this:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
^^ I like that! Cool song too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts