TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
They always get the cool cars. The Holden Manaro is kickass as well, I just wish GM would have kept the sideskirts and front end when they named it the GTO.

·
Registered
817 Posts
wow ford could kill the import tuner market with the XR6 rather than their pitiful Focus SVT crap. inline 6 torque mated with high rpm Hp and rwd? would eat a srt4 alive. minor mods and a good driver could see that thing put Evos to shame. once again, ford makes another big mistake.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
it's called emissions

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Yeah, after you spend an additional 10-12 grand to get it switched over to American spec emissions, added side impact protection, yadda, yadda, yadda

·
Registered
817 Posts
bs they that could pass emissions easily, its only a 4.0 6cylinder. all theyd do is att catalytics till it passed, then when we got the car wed make test pipes to delete these cats, so we can bolt them back up when it comes time to smog.

hell, my freinds talon with 650cc injectors, safcII,evo16G turbo and 3" full turboback exhaust with hollow cat passed smog. just barely though. and the only barely part was at idle, where it was pretty rich, but at 2500 it was perfect emissions. and its a 1990.

god ford is so stupid now its unbearable sometimes. sometimes i just want to somehow get rid of all the pen pusher executives in control and replace them with poeple who are geared toward pushing cars to their limits while maintaining superb driveability. daily drivers with 300hp BASE model for 20,000. you know what has the spunk of 300hp for 20,000? a turbo neon dammit. thats pathetic ford. grow up and stop living in the 90's. seems theyre always 1 step behind the competitions. took ford 10 years to make a car comparable to chevy's camaros of the 90's. now with that gone, ford will take another 10 years to equate to the cars of today, like the STi or EVO or such.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If ford brought that here I wouldn't be looking at the 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited sedan for my wife.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Well, what it takes to actually pass the sniffer test, and what it takes to get a car through customs is two different things. I bought a BMW in Germany, and it was an American Spec car, and still took me 2 weeks to get it out of customs, just imagine a right hand drive Falcon.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Well, what it takes to actually pass the sniffer test, and what it takes to get a car through customs is two different things. I bought a BMW in Germany, and it was an American Spec car, and still took me 2 weeks to get it out of customs, just imagine a right hand drive Falcon.
Right hand drive cars are a blast to drive... I had the chance to drive a few and I got the funniest looks from other drivers... shifting was interesting because I am a righty, but once I got used to it, it just came naturally...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
thats pretty sweet. i just cant see why ford wouldnt start production here in the states just so they have some diversity in the product line. they dont offer much of anything anymore, and im sure the turbo model would be a pretty big hit with the younger ricer kids.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
If they did start production then they would have a huge problem... look at the numbers for that engine... If ford did that in a domestic "sports car" other than the mustang, their sales would fall off dramatically...

Same reason they didn't put the GN 3.8 turbo in the the Fiero, was faster than a corvette so they scrapped the idea...

·
8,239 Posts
This car is not in america due to emissions, plain and simple.

Same deal with the focus RS, and the others.

They spec much heavier oils for those motors also, when here they spec 5w20 across the board to satisfy CAFE regulations.

Does anyone know what Ford specs are for oil weight for the modular motors in Austrailia?

JH

·
8,239 Posts
yea, i have that link but i can't find the oil specs.

It might be interesting to see what ford specs for an engine when they don't have to worry about cramming every last mile per gallon out of it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
yep back to the same crap reason they didnt put a 32vdohc in our birds. cant make anything faster than the mustang. i really dont understand that though, must be some new crap with ford. back in the day you could buy a cougar, torino, galaxy, ect with the same engine options and haul a** in them. what is your problem ford?!?!?

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I am lookin... I actually found their equilivant of the SVT division... it's... interesting... I swear I saw a Ranchero in there!!! lol

John

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Some of their cars have Boss 290 - High-performance 5.4L Quad Cam 32 valve V8... all I have to say is DAMN!

·
8,239 Posts
Litning said:
Some of their cars have Boss 290 - High-performance 5.4L Quad Cam 32 valve V8... all I have to say is DAMN!
Yep we get that motor in the navigator.

As for the "nothing faster than the mustang" comment, all I have to say to that is the new Ford GT is faster than the mustang.

Actually, I think that mazda is putting out some decent cars now. They finally put a somewhat decent motor in the 6, and they put a timing chain on it not a rubber band. I would actually buy a 6s.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
JustinH said:

As for the "nothing faster than the mustang" comment, all I have to say to that is the new Ford GT is faster than the mustang.

Ok, you got me there, but I don't think they are targeting the "working class man" for the GT...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts