TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ford fusion. It seems that there is a wet spot on the pulley below the power steering pulley. I was wondering if anyone has ever fixed this type of problem on a fusion. It is a 2.3 litre 4 cyl. I tried to see if it was either the thermostat or the water pump. What do you think I should replace. It is very hard to see because the power steering pump is above the thermostat so I can't really see which one is bad. I haven't gotten any type of codes yet. It is a small leak which is getting a little more with time. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
8,055 Posts
Are you sure it's coolant? I had a leak in my 07 4 cyl Fusion as well a few years back. It was the tranny lines leaking under the radiator. Fluid was running all over until I was able to localize it.

Joe

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe, thanks for the quick reply. I keep having to refill the coolant bottle with antifreeze. The only wet spot I see is on the pulley below the power steering. According to the diagram that is the water pump pulley. I tried to find out which part is bad and on the internet it says just the thermostat. What I don't know is if the water pump has coolant weeping is that hole on the top ( weep hole). I am probably going to have to replace both just to make sure since the car is over 100k miles. Thanks again for the help if you have any other ideas or input I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone else on the forums has any info I would greatly appreciate it also. Thanks again and have a good day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts