TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yeah the Mustang is nice, but this car will bring some real respectability to the blue oval. I think it's one of their best decisions.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well, considering the spy pics of the production version of the '05 Mustang, Ford will again lose some respect. Its much "cheaper" and lower quality looking the the sliver fastback '05 concept that graced the national car shows. Not to mention that they killed off some of the best styling aspects of the show car. Many Mustang enthusiests are up in arms.

Production '05 Mustang spy pics
Here's the'05 concept for comparison

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
But that's cool on a whole new level....and un-affordable one. 150K for a car? I think I'll pass...I like it a lot though.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I finally like the rear end of the 05 stang.. wow..

From what I can see on those little thumbnails (not about to register) it doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
For anyone who wants to look at fullsize pics on the Mustang site:
Username: 94tchikinv8
Password: 94tchikinv8
They have pics of the GT on there too.

I like the new mustang, but it does need to look more aggressive like the concept was.

I want a GT in the worst kind of way, but I doubt I will ever be able to afford one.

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I think the concept '05 looks better all around than the production '05. The tail lights on the concept are more destinct and better looking. The roofline on the concept is totally better than the production because it looks like an old fastback. The front of that production car looks more like a truck. Maybe it will be ok once they put a real paint job on the production model....

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
94TchikinV8 said:
For anyone who wants to look at fullsize pics on the Mustang site:
Username: 94tchikinv8
Password: 94tchikinv8
They have pics of the GT on there too.

I like the new mustang, but it does need to look more aggressive like the concept was.

I want a GT in the worst kind of way, but I doubt I will ever be able to afford one.
Is that thru fords site or where?

Greg

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
A few years into production and I plan on buying a brand new cobra (or maybe even a shelby if the rumors are true). I don't think Ford could have gone wrong with the design they went with for the new stangs... just looks so kick @ss

I give my left nut for the GT... beautiful cars... hella better than the C-6 corvette *pukes*

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
GregK said:

Is that thru fords site or where?

Greg
The mustang site that Jack K gave. The link to the Production '05 Mustang spy pics.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yea, i saw one on the road actually a few months back. i was driving down woodward during work and saw two cars, a current mustang v6 following a car under wraps both had the "M" (manufactuer) plates and barcodes on the windows. and i could see the tails and grill, exactly the same as the non-concept picture in that cardomain site. however, i got a peek at the interior, there wasnt much there... just the things needed to drive and the steering wheel had tape in the center of it (i guess to cover the logo).. i wish i had my digi on me, but i think i was pissing the guy off cause i kept going around him looking at the whole car... lol, while driving a load pos pickup truck. anyway, i think the one he was driving was the v6, because it had a single exhaust and it sounded like the 4.0 sohc ranger motor (and ive heard that they will be putting those in the stang.. going complettely modular in the stang).

well, look at this aspect of the stang coming out.. i believe its keeping the bolt pattern that the other cars on it use... 4x4.25... so finally some more variety and less expensive in wheel and brake options might be at hand in a few years for the mn12s. -greg

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
man... I hope some aftermarket company offers the concept front grill, hood and rear bumper cover. I didn't see the new ones until now :\ I also liked the concept tail lights better :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
SC_Steve said:
man... I hope some aftermarket company offers the concept front grill, hood and rear bumper cover. I didn't see the new ones until now :\ I also liked the concept tail lights better :(
:zwthstpd:
I liked the concept much better too (the grill, hood, bumpers, tail lights). Maybe a Cobra or Shelby version will look more like the concept car.

- Mark

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
The front is fine IMHO. The "concept" rear end looked nicer though. The "concept" interior was definatly much cooler too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts