TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up people,

I got my Ford Racing Catalog in yesterday and they had a set of shorty headers. Can anyone give me the low down on these and what I can put them on. I have a 94 4.6 in desperate need for a breathing treatment.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
they will not for any reasonable amount of money fit on our cars. no need to argue why or how they will fit, do a search....they wont fit. Either JBA shorties or Kooks Mid lengths will fit, Mustang headers will not fit our cars.

joseph

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Only one side of the Mustang header set will fit on a MN-12. Apparently the drivers side header needs to be modified to clear some steering components.

You'd have to take them to an exhaust shop and have them modified ... which may not be cheap.

JBA's are readily available ... but have a history of cracking and needing to be replaced.

The Kooks midlength headers are a new design. There have been no reports of cracking yet, but as the product is new, there are not that many 'extended use' headers just yet. They look good in any case ...

Definitely make use of the search button ... Kooks have been brought up a few times (with pics!) ... and JBA crack pics are strewn about ... things I just don't have off-hand to post here. Sorry :(

Hope that helps.

[edit]

Thank you for the corrections. It was a 50/50 chance ... which I got wrong. Corrections have been applied.

[/edit]

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have a set on my car (mainly because when the engine was put together, there were no other options.) There are several places where they were modified, and for the slight increase in flow, it's not even close to being worth it.
Save up for the Kook's.... Thats what I am doing;) I've already had a set on another 'Bird and quality was second to none.
SCP Kook's

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Jack K said:
I have a set on my car (mainly because when the engine was put together, there were no other options.) There are several places where they were modified, and for the slight increase in flow, it's not even close to being worth it.
Save up for the Kook's.... Thats what I am doing;) I've already had a set on another 'Bird and quality was second to none.
SCP Kook's
Could you explain what you had done to the headers to have them fit properly?

... this would be for future reference when someone searches for Mustang Headers or something like that ...

pics are good as well ... :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'll try to get some pics when I get home next weekend. I am not sure if I'll be able to get any decent shots (everything is packed tight in there,) but I'll see what I can do. At least I'll be able to tell you where they were cut and re-worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts