TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Spy Photos, Sedan, Performance, Ford, Australia

Ford FPV Falcon GT-H spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

Word on the web is that there's something big brewing from Ford Performance Vehicles. The Australian team responsible for building some of the meanest factory Blue Oval beasts down under has been rumored to be slaving away on a new sedan packing a potent supercharged version of the same 5.0-liter V8 found in the nose of the North American Mustang GT. As you may recall, FPV just recently turned out a pair of four-doors with forced-induction 5.0-liter mills under their hoods, but power on those machines was kept to a relatively tame 430 ponies.

Now it looks like FPV is keen on turning loose an unleashed version of that engine in the new Falcon GT-H. A set of twin intercoolers and more aggressive boost will likely help the car dish out close to 500 horsepower. For now, we just have a handful of spy photos to go from, but Ford is expected to unveil the Falcon GT-H at the Melbourne Motor Show later this year.

Gallery: Ford FPV Falcon GT-H Spy Shots

[Sources: CarPix, Motor Authority]Spy Shots: Aussies developing Ford Falcon GT-H originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:02:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

More...

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Cars are starting to look all alike anymore, , that could pass as a Nissan Maxima IMHO

Still nice #s on the power

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Ford is stupid for not bringing those here for retail. Just imagine the additional money they'd bring in if they did. That's more bad-ass than the SHO in my opinion. If they made it AWD, they could compete with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and Subaru WRX STi....genius!

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What is there not to like? 4 doors is fine for a drivers car. This isn't 1988 anymore.

I would totally love to see this bad boy in the states.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Never been a fan of four doors, especially when it's supposed to be a performance car.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Looks like they ripped those rims off a pontiac G(you pick the model). Actually, aren't those available on the fusion's too?

The car looks like a hot rod version of the focus. Too bubbly for my tastes. Although, I would surely have fun driving it.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,520 Posts
Is it just me or does that look badly photoshopped? Blacked out front window, added supercharger...

But yes, I'd take the coupe over sedan.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Falcon sedan's are ok but I prefer the coupe's

Rayo..
I would happily trade my soul, first born, left nut, and everything else I own for that car!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,489 Posts
I hate 4 doors because people have gotten so fat and lazy that folding down the ****ing seat and ducking slightly became such a chore that 2 extra doors is practically mandatory now. I remember reading magazines as a kid "This is really fast for a 4 door", today I hear it every week and it's completely meaningless. With the exception of most supercars there's probably more performance sedans than coupes now. I did like the WRX sti though.....when it was a 2 door :rolleyes:

That said, I love the Aussie falcons. I can get past those being 4 doors only because that's all what they've always been(the only 2 door Falcons they ever produced were the 73-78 XA/XB/XC series), and they've always had a high performance variant, just look up "XY GTHO phase III", those were based on a sedan version of our lowly 66-70 Falcons but were the fastest production sedan in the world at the time

·
3,734 Posts
I was merely looking at it from a business stand point. However, If I ever win the lottery, guess what I'm going to import. It would be unique, for the states.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Is that the car from mad max? Drop the back, exhaust to the back and remove the spoiler from the roof. That would look slick.

You can see the reflection of the sc in the hood, I dont think its shopped. But the front window maybe.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,489 Posts
Is that the car from mad max? Drop the back, exhaust to the back and remove the spoiler from the roof. That would look slick.

You can see the reflection of the sc in the hood, I dont think its shopped. But the front window maybe.
Production version...

IMO they look better stockish like that ^

And yes that's the mad max interceptor and the blower isn't photoshopped, though the windsheild looks funny.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I hate 4 doors because people have gotten so fat and lazy that folding down the ****ing seat and ducking slightly became such a chore that 2 extra doors is practically mandatory now. I remember reading magazines as a kid "This is really fast for a 4 door", today I hear it every week and it's completely meaningless. With the exception of most supercars there's probably more performance sedans than coupes now. I did like the WRX sti though.....when it was a 2 door :rolleyes:

That said, I love the Aussie falcons. I can get past those being 4 doors only because that's all what they've always been(the only 2 door Falcons they ever produced were the 73-78 XA/XB/XC series), and they've always had a high performance variant, just look up "XY GTHO phase III", those were based on a sedan version of our lowly 66-70 Falcons but were the fastest production sedan in the world at the time
Agreed. I like the comment above where he was like "this isnt 1988 anymore..." and Im thinking, "I wish it was, thats why I drive a Thunderbird, especially my Thunderbird with a build date of 12/1988.... :tongue:

·
3,734 Posts
Agreed. I like the comment above where he was like "this isnt 1988 anymore..." and Im thinking, "I wish it was, thats why I drive a Thunderbird, especially my Thunderbird with a build date of 12/1988.... :tongue:
I too kinda wish it was 1988. I wish I could live back then at this current age. I think I missed out on a pretty cool decade.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts