TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how long our driveshafts are? jegs has f.r. alum. 145" driveshaft for mustang for $160. would it fit? says compatible to all trannies up to 93, and for 7.5 and 8.8 rear end.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
93 lx said:
just wondering how long our driveshafts are? jegs has f.r. alum. 145" driveshaft for mustang for $160. would it fit? says compatible to all trannies up to 93, and for 7.5 and 8.8 rear end.
Wont work.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
93 lx said:
As NRL said, the Mustang driveshaft will not work. It's too short.

You can always contact Dennis Reinhart @ Reinhart Automotive about getting an aluminum driveshaft.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Check with www.crownvic.net on the interceptor driveshafts... they're all aluminum. I would tell you the length of 'em if I knew it off the top of my head. Otherwise I could probably crawl under my car and make the measurement.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
16secondp71 said:
Check with www.crownvic.net on the interceptor driveshafts... they're all aluminum. I would tell you the length of 'em if I knew it off the top of my head. Otherwise I could probably crawl under my car and make the measurement.
I don't remember where, but I believe 'the man' said that they had a few police intercepters snap a driveshaft (critical speed).....might be safer and more cost effective to use a MMC shaft....

However, it is worth looking into, as I cannot find where I read the above statement....but I KNOW I've read it somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts