·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
I'm going to say yes, someone correct me if I'm wrong. :tongue:

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
It most certainly does. It's on my car right now.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,078 Posts
Owch that's pricy!

Nice piece, but pricy.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Eh, it's not that much more than any of the external girdles ($160 for the Billet Flow brace) or other covers (JPW ~$200). I paid $231 shipped for mine. Plus, you get the bearing cap support screws and a drain plug when you get any of the new covers that the external braces can't provide. Also, the Ford Racing piece has more webbing than the other designs.

So, considering it all, I think it's a worth it the extra bucks.

Pete

·
Registered
184 Posts
Eh, it's not that much more than any of the external girdles ($160 for the Billet Flow brace) or other covers (JPW ~$200). I paid $231 shipped for mine. Plus, you get the bearing cap support screws and a drain plug when you get any of the new covers that the external braces can't provide. Also, the Ford Racing piece has more webbing than the other designs.

So, considering it all, I think it's a worth it the extra bucks.

Pete
Not quite sure what you mean? My OEM cover has a drain plug and the billetflow IRS brace has a hole in it to get to the drain plug :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean? My OEM cover has a drain plug and the billetflow IRS brace has a hole in it to get to the drain plug :thumbsup:
Yours has one very low and one about midway up?

Or just the one about midway up, the FILL hole (not a DRAIN hole)?

RwP

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It most certainly does. It's on my car right now.

Pete
As the original poster, I was asking if the differential housing works on our cars. Thanks for the info on the cover, but does anyone know if the housing works?

Mitch

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The housing is the same and everything is interchangable between the units. But, the 03-04 Cobra ones are different. They are 31 spline for the halfshafts, everybody else (MN-12, Mark VIII, 99-01 Cobra) all have 27. So, while the housings will fit, they aren't a bolt in unless you change the halfshafts too with a 03-04 Cobra IRS center section.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts