TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Figure I should keep this thread updated. The injectors should be here this weekend.

In the mean time I bought a set of $100 stock wheels to roll around on since my current set of tires kept losing air and I have no desire to spend the money to replace 18" tires right now. The car runs well as is (staying out of boost of course) so I put some miles on it over the weekend.

Hoping to get the rest of the parts and tuning done soon so I can enjoy it for a few months before snow starts flying.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Car looks great! Good luck with the tuning, And when your ready for more power throw on a 3.2” pulley and a methanol kit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Drove the car a bit but it wasn't going into boost without some serious throttle so I bought a 2" shorter belt to make up for the difference in pulley size from the supercharger and the removed a/c compressor.

It hits boost easier but has a tendency to kick the belt off. After a few days of investigation I've discovered that my alternator must be the culprit; every other pulley seems to be aligned properly and spin straight but the alternator has a clearly noticeable wobble when spun by hand.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Changed the alternator... cranked like hell but wouldn't start. Checked all the fuses and connections, still won't start. Switched back to the old alternator and it still won't start.

Inertia switch looked good and the fuel pump seems To be humming so I'm not sure what to do next.

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
Put an old school timing light on it to see if it's firing, and put solenoid lights on the injectors to see if they're firing.

Check the fuel pressure at the rail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the reply!

I spent the morning checking voltage, fuel pressure and spark. Walked away after all checked out ok.

I realized that after doing some wire tucking that the crank sensor wires sat right under the alternator and probably got jolted after several alternator swaps. Found a broken solder point, fixed it and it fired right up.

The things I learn from doing stupid things is endless!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts