TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
SVT had that thing plus the 04 Mysticrome cobra and the white/blue/and green sve mustang. this was over the summer and they had the 04 f150 there too. sweet truck.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i saw a show about this on the speed channel a while back. looks like it would be awesome but on tv they said it will never see production.

Frank

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ya too bad.. they would sell, but they would jack the price up to near F150 price..

world's fastest stock light truck though eh?

i'd buy it.. hehehe

·
Registered
724 Posts
Reminds me of the "Ranger Thunderbolt." We (bunch of the Carolina guys) saw one of those at the Charlotte Auto Show last fall. We all kinda laughed at it because:

a) It infringed on the 'Thunderbird' name
and
b) It was an appearance package only. All show and no go

Here is a pic that I took with my old (crappy) digicam:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'm going to predict it won't be made....they tried this back in 89-90 with an SHO motor, FoMoCo shot it down. :(

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Probably could do it if they'd make it more "produceable". Build it with a SOHC 4.6 rather than the 5.4, and make it with large, yet affordable, tire sizes. Like a 245/50/17. Make it like a Mustang GT with a bed! Using parts already in production would keep the costs down, and also make it more affordable to own.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I dunno, I think it'd be cool if they revived the SC motor and threw that in Rangers....just revise it enough to solve the HG problem and tweak it a bit better, perhaps a twin screw instead of an Eaton...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That would be cool to. But they already have the 4.6 in the parts bin. It'd cost more (I think) to tool up and start building the SC 3.6 again.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Traveler said:
That would be cool to. But they already have the 4.6 in the parts bin. It'd cost more (I think) to tool up and start building the SC 3.6 again.
Unless they just fabbed up an SC setup for a split port motor....

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I remember a few years ago I heard about a V8 ranger being in the works, but, like many things at ford, it didnt happen. I bet they'd sell though. Look at the V8 dakota...jeez, similar truck with an available 360! That's nuts! Actually I'm not sure if that motor is still available, but still. I"ve heard they 5.4 ranger couldnt hook up to save it's life...traction problems are what killed it. A mustang 4.6 would probably work though. What about the lat e 80s ranger GT? What was that all about?

Earl

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
there was a ranger lightning bolt that made production, not sure if it was called the lightning bolt but I do remember that it came out in 2001, it had gfx, exhaust, and an ugly wing, I saw a few in town....do any of you guys know what I'm talking about or seen it???? I will try to get pics

nevermind....saw the pics that was posted earlier, the thunderbolt is what its called (duh:tongue: )

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
It was called the lightning bolt, has the 5.4 SC motor, with lightning interior. It is blue......Also since we're on the Ford Truck topic... Anyone ever see the SVT Ford Thunder concept? It was pretty much an Expedition built to a Lightning Status, they never put it into production....

But the ranger, we been talkin bout that....

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8139&highlight=lightning+ranger

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I think I'd rather have an SC'd Ranger over a SHO Ranger just for the whine.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
AverageJoe said:
I think I'd rather have an SC'd Ranger over a SHO Ranger just for the whine.
Definitely, the coolness factor is way upped with the forced induction!

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
I've seen the GT Rangers around too, Always wondered about those things.....

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I dunno, I just can't get to psyched up over a ranger, they just don't do it for me, cool yes, but eh, I dunno!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts