Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It disgusts me FoMoCo shuts down the people that keep it alive.

·
Super Moderator
9,299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Raped and pillaged!

:)

So, why did they take them down?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yeah...they wonder why GM has sooooo much support, and then they go and shut down sites that make it easier for people to mod their vehicles.

Ex: When the SN95 cars first came out, they kept it a secret. It took a while for the aftermarket to start making performance parts. Then, when the 05s came out, they released a bunch of them to aftermarket companies so they could get the parts out there so people would purchase the cars.

This is not the EXACT example, but you get the point.

SWS

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,037 Posts
It disgusts me FoMoCo shuts down the people that keep it alive.
I guess Carrol Shelby does do something at Ford besides take credit for SVT products afterall. He must have taught them that nobody is too small to make frivolous lawsuits against, especially if they're enthusiasts for their products!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do we need to give BAD Press to Ford about this?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Didn't they do something similar to "vintage Ford parts" about ten years ago, and now "Ford" is out of their name, and they now stock parts from other companies as well?

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Thankfully, I had scraped that site, as well as the fordcds site, years ago.

This kind of behavior sux.

No new cars we will buy, and assaulting our attempts at keeping the old ones going.

Unfortunately, I refuse to be the idiot consumer they need me to be.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Thankfully, I had scraped that site, as well as the fordcds site, years ago.

This kind of behavior sux.

No new cars we will buy, and assaulting our attempts at keeping the old ones going.

Unfortunately, I refuse to be the idiot consumer they need me to be.
Were you drinking when you made this post? I don't quite understand the point you are making here, Grog! :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
That a) he's glad he made an offline copy of that site earlier, b) Ford's behavior is reprehensible, c) they don't make cars he wants to buy now, and they're making it harder to keep the old ones going, and d) he won't be a mindless consumer for them.

Dunno why you had trouble understanding it :diablo:

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
That a) he's glad he made an offline copy of that site earlier, b) Ford's behavior is reprehensible, c) they don't make cars he wants to buy now, and they're making it harder to keep the old ones going, and d) he won't be a mindless consumer for them.

RwP
If you check my earlier post, you'll find they didn't take the content off, it's under a different name. And taking the name would mean you're the next to be law-suited by Ford.

And I kinda figured that's what he meant, it was just the wording that was funky (and I was razzing him)...

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts

RwP
If you check my earlier post, you'll find they didn't take the content off, it's under a different name. And taking the name would mean you're the next to be law-suited by Ford.
And that conflicts with Grog's statement (and my translation) how?

He's STILL glad he made an offline copy of it, irrespective of availability online.

He STILL thinks that's reprehensible - especially as worded. If the C&D was worded "We cannot tolerate web sites with FORD in the domain name. However, we can forward this domain for you to a new name of your choosing for XX months" that would be different, but no, they wanted it off the web period.

That info still being available doesn't change the cars they're making, which aren't to Grog's tastes.

And he STILL won't just buy what they sell.

No conflict with your post at all that I can see.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Were you drinking when you made this post? I don't quite understand the point you are making here, Grog! :tongue:
No, that's what I talk like when I'm sober.

Which is why it sounds different than usual. :D

Ralph translated perfectly. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ford has a legitimate way for forums to use the ford trademarks including names and images. And they have every right to shut down sites that use them. We may not like it but thats the way it is. I know certain sites that are an inch away from that happening to them where copyright infringement and tradmarkes are used for profit.

Make no mistakes. Ford is a corporation just like any other. But compared to GM and Chrysler..They know what they are doing. There ar eprobably more sites online catering to mustangs alone then the other two american companies combined.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Nick, If I said I did that might cause a problem. So I am not saying that I do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts