TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were talking today at work and realised that Ford's stock is below $3.00 a share. Would this possibly be worth looking into in a little while after the market starts going up? or is their reputation just shot.

I know they are coming out with a few new fuel friendly cars in 2010, I believe the Festiva is coming back out! YAY!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Yea, my Dad was asking about Ford. Well, at Fridays closing of $2.43 it's certainly a bargain and nearly a penny stock. They're certainly on the rocks. They say they have solvency to last but I really wonder with the recent economic dip into the toilet.

If - and that's a big IF - Ford makes it through these trying times without going completely under or getting gobbled up by another company (A real possibility considering the recent talk of a GM/Chrysler merger) it will emerge a much leaner company. If you haven't done so yet take a look at their "The Way Forward" plan.

HERE's the Wiki take on the plan
and
HERE's the press release from 2006 on the official Ford site but, a lot has changed since then.

If you want Ford stock now is a good time to buy it on the cheap. Drop a hundred or two on Ford and think of it as a Black or Red Roulette bet. IMO there's a 50/50 chance you'll see a return and you certainly won't see that return - if it ever materializes - for at least a year or more. The only exception to that time-frame would be if they were to be bought out or merge with another company. I would venture to say that their 2010 target for returning to profitability is now pushed back at least 2 years.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Lets pool all our money guys and buy all outstanding shares :D LOL TCCoA majority owner of FORD stock .That would make a nice headline on CNN :D

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yes, um, cough, buy buy buy. And tell your friends.

:D

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I sold mine at 8.25 a few months ago. :tongue:

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i say lets buy all the stock we can til we collective;ly have 51% and bring back birds :) make 2 door and 4 door models

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Not to take anything away from the new F-150 which is a really nice truck and a great improvement over last years model. but...

LoL, Considering this is the sixth consecutive year that a Ford truck has won that award and it didn't do Ford a bit of good the past five years, well....

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Now they are bringing back the Fiesta . Hope that its better than the first one :thumbsd:

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
if they broight back the thunderbird a with 2 seats only and a sporty look to it again much like the original 55 they might make a bit of money and sales that way. think of it a ford that out runs vettes :) after all the original 55 was made to compete with corvettes.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
So YOU'RE one of the ones that helped drive it down to sub $2. I suppose I owe you a thanks.

I dunno did I? I'm just a day trader.

First I bought it on 4/7 @ 6.79
sold that on 4/22 @ 7.71
Then bought in again on 4/25 @ 7.64
sold that on 4/28 @ 8.25

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I dunno did I? I'm just a day trader.

First I bought it on 4/7 @ 6.79
sold that on 4/22 @ 7.71
Then bought in again on 4/25 @ 7.64
sold that on 4/28 @ 8.25
Nah, I was just kidding, kind of commenting on the selloff that smacked around GM and Ford a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the fiesta is already selling in europe.The british version has a 1.6 diesel that gets 63.5 miles per gallon!!! But that can't be sold in the U.S. because of stricter EPA standards and different grade of deisel fuel sold in Europe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts