TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here have an F150 or Expedition with a 4.6L or 5.4L with aftermarket exhaust. Specifically true dual exhaust with 2.5 inch pipe. I'm asking because my 04 Navigator's catalytic converters sound like they have Marbles in them and I'm replacing the entire exhaust from the manifolds on back. The stock setup is 2.5 inch pipe with 4 cats. The pipe goes into 1 pipe right after the cats and before the muffler and 1 pipe all the way out back into the resonator. I was wondering about low end torque loss when going the true dual route and definitely want to keep that. I am not getting direct replacement cats as they are expensive as hell and don't like having only a couple options in brands I don't know anything about as far as longevity(Walker and Eastern Catalytic). Some shops told me I should get the direct replacements because of check engine light issues but instead I am cutting and welding 2 Magnaflow (99196HM) front cats, 2 Magnaflow (59956) spun cats for the rear replacements going into a Magnaflow DI/DO (14386) muffler and two pipes coming out of the rear behind the passenger tire. Even with the stock 3.73 rear end will there be a huge noticeable difference in low end torque loss because if so I was thinking of putting a Y pipe after the DI/DO muffler and run one pipe out to the back. Let me know whatcha think guys. Any thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i had the magnaflow 3" catback on my 03 expedition. you can get sound clips on magnaflow's website. it is very hard to get trual duals under there due to the irs. the kit i had was plenty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts