TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zyYgDtY2AMY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
I’m very excited about it. I love the casting, and based on the preview, I think both Damon and Bale nailed their roles.

Before watching the movie though, I highly recommend reading the book “go like hell”.
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Like-Hell-Ferrari-Battle/dp/0547336055

It is all about this rivalry, and will give you a complete understanding of what was going on at that time, and all the characters involved, especially Ken Miles, who was instrumental in the project, but most people have never even heard of him.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I'm excited about myself as well! But knowing myself and my family, this will be one that I'll be catching whenever it comes out on streaming / DVD / BR....

·
Super Moderator
10,286 Posts
Carroll finally got his movie; I think that's great!

I met him a couple of times over the years; I got him to sign a co-workers' Roush mustang at a local car show a dozen years ago or better, my buddy didn't recognize him, lol.
Dude had the only Blue/white stripes Roush I've seen.

Dude didn't charge him to autograph it; that's class, in my book.

There really isn't any racing like that anymore; it sucks to me now, have lived at the end of this movie's era.

I'm gonna go see if "Le Mans" is on any of the streaming services, lol.

Steve McQueen FTW.

·
Super Moderator
16,740 Posts
Definitely seeing it at the theatres (which is very rare for me). There aren’t many real life auto industry stories that I can think of or have seen that translate well to the big screen, but this is one of the big exceptions. I just wish it was out now!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Carroll finally got his movie; I think that's great!

I met him a couple of times over the years; I got him to sign a co-workers' Roush mustang at a local car show a dozen years ago or better, my buddy didn't recognize him, lol.
Dude had the only Blue/white stripes Roush I've seen.

Dude didn't charge him to autograph it; that's class, in my book.

What did Jack have to say about that ? He used to come by the local dealership here to sign the his Roush vehicles, never charged anybody. Wait .. you mean those are different people ? Bi polar my ass

Oh yes, definitely gotta see this movie.

·
Super Moderator
10,286 Posts
What did Jack have to say about that ? He used to come by the local dealership here to sign the his Roush vehicles, never charged anybody. Wait .. you mean those are different people ? Bi polar my ass

Oh yes, definitely gotta see this movie.
The dealer where the show was was charging for Selfies and autographs.

Dude remembered me from my long diatribe about my 63 tbird when I met him in the 80s.
I may be an *******, but I'm hard to forget. :)
Cool part was, he saw me, and asked me where's the JD?
I pulled the flask out of my inner jacket pocket and handed it to him, lol.

They were charging $500 for his autograph that day; I thought that was standard.

He hung with us until his handlers took him away; My co-worker was a fly fishing guide in the Smokies, and managed to spend Sunday with him.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The dealer where the show was was charging for Selfies and autographs.

Dude remembered me from my long diatribe about my 63 tbird when I met him in the 80s.
I may be an *******, but I'm hard to forget. :)
Cool part was, he saw me, and asked me where's the JD?
I pulled the flask out of my inner jacket pocket and handed it to him, lol.

They were charging $500 for his autograph that day; I thought that was standard.

He hung with us until his handlers took him away; My co-worker was a fly fishing guide in the Smokies, and managed to spend Sunday with him.

Cool story Grog, but i'm more interested in "shelfies" than selfies. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I’m very excited about it. I love the casting, and based on the preview, I think both Damon and Bale nailed their roles.

Before watching the movie though, I highly recommend reading the book “go like hell”.
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Like-Hell-Ferrari-Battle/dp/0547336055

It is all about this rivalry, and will give you a complete understanding of what was going on at that time, and all the characters involved, especially Ken Miles, who was instrumental in the project, but most people have never even heard of him.
I was so excited to see Damon back again! He's such a great actor (Bale too)! But yeah, it's so important to know the story behind the story. It's good to have perspective before watching the movie.

This looks like the best automotive racing movie since RUSH (The Hunt–Lauda rivalry) which is also one of my all-time favorites. Very much looking forward to seeing this one.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I was so excited to see Damon back again! He's such a great actor (Bale too)! But yeah, it's so important to know the story behind the story. It's good to have perspective before watching the movie.

This looks like the best automotive racing movie since RUSH (The Hunt–Lauda rivalry) which is also one of my all-time favorites. Very much looking forward to seeing this one.
If this is anything like Rush, it will be a fantastic movie - I thoroughly enjoyed that one. I try not to get my hopes up based on a preview only to be let down like so many other movies .. but watching the Ford exec start crying at the end had me rolling. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
10,286 Posts
A buddy of mine is famous for a guy crying and begging to be let out of his car; and it wasn't even his mustang, lol.

It was a toyota "modified" for off-roading, lol.

Dude pussed so bad, we still give him **** 30 years later.

The "Off the grass sideways, over the curb, sliding sideways on two wheels across the parking lot, dude whipping it and slamming it back down on all 4 wheels, and sliding to a stop" that got him, lol.

There were a huge group of people that saw it, which made it even better. :)

I was riding passenger, holding onto the seat rail to stay in the seat. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
THOUGHTS ????? I'm gonna go totally nuts when I go see this movie ! I CAN'T WAIT ! I got all kinds of DVD's about the Ford Ferrari wars. I got the die cars cars of all the winning GT's from 66 thru 69. I attended the 25 year anniversary GT-40 meet at Watkin Glens N.Y. Not to mention I talk about this all the time when supporting Ford Motor Company.
So they finally made a movie and I think its great. And if you didn't know, Ford returned to LeMans for the 50 year anniversary of their 1-2-3 1966 victory to beat Ferrari AGAIN coming in 1st in class with their new GT's.
Another cool note. The GT40 that won in 68 and 69 was the same car ! Ford is totally awesome !

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts

·