TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
I remember when this happened, so not much spoiler. :)

It wasn't on TV when it happened, but was later.

They ran a 427 version of the 390 FE block that was in my 63 Tbird:

My Tbird had that same coolant tank; but the best Carb setup I ever had was three Deuces. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LOL ... I know ...

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Just saw it in imax. Definitely something that should be seen on the big screen with the surround sound for the racing sequences.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
I really miss the bang my head into the wall emoji right now.

What about the trans Latino women of LeMans? This is toxic masculinity without their stories shoehorned in!
Hmmmm, this one?

headagainstwall.gif

Although this forum seems to NOT animate .gifs. Lame.

In any case the wife actually wants to go see this. Very unusual!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I really enjoyed the movie. I'm betting on a sequel or maybe even a prequel since I watched the "24 Hour War" on Netflix. Lots of rich history there.
Read ya later, Nick

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
I wish they would have car racing again; now it all just spending sprees, with restrictor plates.

I would support modding tracks, not limiting cars.

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
NASCAR sucks with or without restrict or plates. They’re kit cars with generically shaped bodies and engines completely removed from anything their brands offer. I don’t give a **** about the drivers, the teams or the stratagies, I just root for the car I like first followed by which one has the best livery. If I wanted to watch cars going in circles for two hours whilst bombarded by advertising I’ll put a lawn chair next to a freeway clover.

Lemans got modded, the Mulsanne straight used to be 3.7 uninterrupted miles where cars would regularly get into the mid 200s. They pussied out in the 90s and added chicanes to divide it into three shorter straights to get the speeds down to 200 max. Pushing boundaries, man vs. machine, and adventure weren’t favored by the yuppie corporate sponsors.

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I'm about as far from yuppie or corporate as you can get, but considering the driver mortality rate at lemans in the 60s, I can't say I blame them for wanting to keep the speeds down a bit!

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
NASCAR sucks with or without restrict or plates. They’re kit cars with generically shaped bodies and engines completely removed from anything their brands offer. I don’t give a **** about the drivers, the teams or the stratagies, I just root for the car I like first followed by which one has the best livery. If I wanted to watch cars going in circles for two hours whilst bombarded by advertising I’ll put a lawn chair next to a freeway clover.

Lemans got modded, the Mulsanne straight used to be 3.7 uninterrupted miles where cars would regularly get into the mid 200s. They pussied out in the 90s and added chicanes to divide it into three shorter straights to get the speeds down to 200 max. Pushing boundaries, man vs. machine, and adventure weren’t favored by the yuppie corporate sponsors.
Yeah, fuxcking shehit; I started to "LIKE" your comment, but there nothing fucxing there to like.

Everything you said is true, and it Suxcks fucxing azz.

Did I mention I really hate the cursing filter, at times like this? :)

MOtherfuckers want to spend 3 million dollars on a car that the sheetmetal kinda looks like a production car, and be the race cars of their customers?

Cut the straight into pieces, because the drivers can't hang; goddam motherfucking sheite this is not racing.

Did I ever mention **** the ******* fuckers?

I'm sorry to disagree mikey, but dammit, the times I am most alive are the times I don't know wether I'm going to die; be it chicks, driving, or parachute opening.

If it's all Safe, you might as well be playing "Need for Speed" on Twitch.

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
Agreed, this is why athletes get the $$$$$$$$. Also only about half of the deaths at that circuit occurred on the straight in its history and sparsely in the 70s-80s before the chicanes were added, and that’s a reflection on both car and track safety, which I have no objection to. Altering the track/circuit itself however changes the whole character of it, 24hrs of LeMans is of very little importance to me because for my entire lifetime the straight has been neutered, I never got to see footage like this:

and you dont hear drivers talk about it fondly like this, it’s just another race circuit, not THE circuit.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Back in the days of racing, the drivers owned themselves; now, the corporation owns the driver.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just saw the movie last night, and I enjoyed it. I thought the racing scenes were good, but really liked the interactions between characters in the workshop and in the pits. Overall, it seemed historically correct, although I'm sure some of the details were embellished. Worth seeing on the big screne!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts