TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I finally saw the movie on Saturday (Thanks Redbox), and it was most definitely an exceptional movie.

I will say one thing though. Every single shot of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) was actually filmed in Ontario International Airport (ONT). How do I know this? Because the mountain in the background is actually Mt. Baldy. How else do I know this? I grew up in Ontario, CA (California, not Canada!) and the house I grew up in had a great view of Mt Baldy.

Another shot

The view from the house I grew up in

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,512 Posts
Yeah, LAX doesn’t have mountains that close, that whole area landscape looks like The O’hare area here if you ignore the pesky palm trees and ocean on the west side. I may be going out on a limb but I suspect test driving GT40s on the runway, in broad daylight at times, may have been artistic license too ?

Funny enough, I know of a Ontario CA because of my other hobby. One of my high school friends dad had a old Jackson Strat made there(they used to be made in San Dimas), and apparently these were shunned by collectors because they thought production moved to Canada, despite using the same employees, same tools, same designs/materials etc. lol

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Based from Google Satellite images, I could see the highlighted part being used for the filming part of the GT40s as that part of the airport seems to be low volume takeoff and landings.

Another tidbit about Ontario, CA, the flashlight manufacturer Maglite is based there.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,526 Posts
Yeah, there is way they'd be able to shut down LAX for any length of time to film those scenes... :)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts