TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon enough, Ford is going to release a slightly varied version of the focus and sell it as the capri, a mercury focus pretty much. A new sedan is coming out, a BIG sedan known as the 500. It will be front wheel drive and resemble an audi a4. Taurus's will be wiped out for other new sedans and only used in rental car places. Crown Vics will be wiped out and used only as police vehicles. Also, the new ford crosstrainer(ugly name) will now be called the freestyle(just as bad) when its released. Its a smaller version of the explorer. Its kind of like an explorer car. They are also coming out with a cheaper model of the gt-40 known only as the gt which will be significantly less priced than the $125,000 price tag on the gt-40. As for the cougar I don't know whats there plans with that one. Some guys on here were talkin about it on another post. A redisgned version of the windstar is coming out, a fancier model by mercury and they are going to call it the Montery(great, ruin that name). Billy Ford has also decided to make the whole line smaller wheelbased, smaller displacement engines, and less parts involded. Pretty much hes doing his best to compete with the foreign market. Its a shame but its what the general population wants(not needs) but wants.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So where did you get this "inside scoop"

Merc is getting a rebranded mazda 626 and minivan as for the others from my understanding are all proto types. My information is from FMoCo press releases

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
You need to re-check you scooper.

We started with a concept vehicle called the GT40, revealed to the world at the 2002 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. At the 2003 Detroit Auto Show, you will be able to see an updated concept car, along with a display of its supercharged, 500-horsepower V-8 engine.

The new supercar will be called "Ford GT" — the same name given to the first GT40 prototypes in 1964 — and regular limited production will begin in 2004.

Three Ford GTs are being built in 2003 to promote the product and help celebrate Ford Motor Company's 100th Anniversary. The three cars are symbolic of Ford's first victory in the 24 Hours of Le Mans — the historic 1-2-3 finish of 1966.

Development of the new Ford GT shifted into high gear in May 2002, when a small, handpicked design and engineering team set up shop. In six months this team, along with a cadre of key suppliers, had created the first running prototype. They call the car Workhorse 1, a test vehicle that sometimes can be spotted on the streets in the Dearborn area.

On November 12, 2002, Workhorse 1 was ceremonially driven out of the facility where it was built. The following week, in a history-making decision, senior Ford management gave their go-ahead for the project to continue. It was the first time ever that Ford Motor Company approved such a sports car for production.

Bye bye Viper guy

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's sweet but I don't know about bye bye.
500hp, 500ft/lbs torque vs 500hp, 525ft/lbs torque.

Anyone know the weight of these suckers?

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My scoop is a pretty reputable source. Its a press release by Ford spoke of in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine. Its in the newest issue. I will have to look up the page number later. I am not saying I am the holder of all knowledge, but I am just saying that this is what I heard, and am delivering to the good people of the TCCoA.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Viper 3200(ish)
GT40 I would guess high 2000's or very low 3000's

These are just estimates I dont have enough amition to back my words.

·
Registered
366 Posts
why does forf insist on killing the taurus? again, it was one of the top 10 selling vehicles in the country? who cares if its mosly rental agencies and fleets buying them.... they are still selling!!!! Hell i see alot more on the road since the redesign too.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
It's sweet but I don't know about bye bye.
500hp, 500ft/lbs torque vs 500hp, 525ft/lbs torque.

Anyone know the weight of these suckers?
i went to the detroit auto show and saw the gt40 , they said the frame is build my saleen its a 3 piece put together or something , and for the weight they said it weights aroung 2500 i think , can check my video camera for sure and they said something about that it wast going to have the actual engine that was in that car and they pointed to another one that was by so everyone could see it , the engine was the same , they said something about the supercharger its still going to be like a eaton or something . anyone correct me if i am wrong .
Jurgen

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
copenkagan said:
Viper 3200(ish)
GT40 I would guess high 2000's or very low 3000's

These are just estimates I dont have enough amition to back my words.
I felt filthy browsing their site, but on the Dodge website, after doing a little digging, it says for the new vipers:
Exterior Dimensions
Base Curb Weight - Manual Trans-3357.00 lb

As for the GT (-40) there's some specs over here at supercars.net, but I do not know how accurate they are. They also do not have a weight specified. I think it's safe to assume it should be under what the Viper weighs, as it is kind of the target of the Ford GT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts