TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I aggree that this is a beautiful Cougar. I would never buy it because its a V6 N/A. A S/C maybe :zdunno: I just love v8's too much lol. But nevertheless it is a gorgeous Cougar.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Too much money. 6K for a 16 year old Cougar with a 3.8L?!?! :eek:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wonder if it is a V6 or if the place doesn't know their azz from a whole in the ground. The reason I doubt the V6 is looks to have the Sport Option. I know if could be a V6 sport but find it hard to believe it is.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I wonder if it is a V6 or if the place doesn't know their azz from a whole in the ground. The reason I doubt the V6 is looks to have the Sport Option. I know if could be a V6 sport but find it hard to believe it is.
The Engine Code in the VIN (8th digit) is a 4 which corresponds to a 3.8L v6.

The engine code for the 4.6L v8 option is a W.

It's a v6 Cougar and came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It's only flaw is the 3.8 :( BTW, the 8th digit of the VIN being a 4 tells us that it is in fact a 3.8l

Rick, you bastard!! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
It's only flaw is the 3.8 :( BTW, the 8th digit of the VIN being a 4 tells us that it is in fact a 3.8l

Rick, you bastard!! ;)
Who's your buddy, Rob! :cool:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
About a year & half ago there was hokey lot here in KC that had a 30 anniversary V6 Cougar. It had ultra low mileage (It was under 50k) and they wanted $9995 for it. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Well it is probably rare that's for sure, not many sports were V6s, particularly in 97(96s were less consistent), VERY uncommon color combo( blue 97 interiors alone are rare) and with those stripper interior appointments it's pretty unique.

Unfortunately though I agree, its too much money for what it really is and simply is nothing more than a very nice example of a strangely optioned car.

If I was running a museum for late model Fords that would be a helluva exibit feature right there! Anyone want to send some startup capital my way??? :tongue:

That black Cougar isn't a 30th btw, I hate when car trader sites call them that!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That white Cougar screams custom ordered for a mature couple. I have seen tons of V6s that are in fantastic condition with low miles.. Its a huge let down that its a V freakin' 6.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Three weeks ago I brought a pearlw white 96, V8, spoiler for $3700.
37,700 miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts