TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Just as the title says so if you are in the Phoenix area there are 4 mint chrome sport rims. The center caps are missing and they have no rust or rash. I have pics but Id figure I'll get them up later if someone is really interested. But I've never seen such a set in this condition. I figured I'd share with you all.

image upload

[img=http://s9.postimage.org/juf90p6kr/DSC03296.jpg]

[img=http://s9.postimage.org/86psjw6tr/DSC03297.jpg]
photo storage

image hosting

image hosting sites

photo storage

Thats a shot of all of them they are very dusty which is why they aren't blazing shiny and no I'm not going to get them someone else so get them. I don't have money to hold rims there is no money to be made in buying them its gonna cost 150 in my est. Either someone can pay me in good faith to buy them and ship them or I'm not touching them. I posted this hoping someone else would want them enough to go get them. I have no interest in owning them. Don't say you never had a chance to own them either because this is a chance. I can simply unbolt them and buy them with someone elses money. I would like to see that they go to a good home but cant have everything in life.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Pics and grab them! Please!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The factory never offered chrome Sport rims to my knowledge so someone did that on their own, but I would grab them ASAP!
They were an option in 97 along with the chrome fan blades.

-Miller

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I will also chime in that Splattered is a very reputable seller here on TCCoA, no reason not to trust him.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will also chime in that Splattered is a very reputable seller here on TCCoA, no reason not to trust him.
Thanks Chris you and I met before and Im still at the same place. Ill be very honest and give updates

·
Registered
799 Posts
how much to 39562??

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much to 39562??
If you have to ask its too much for you, sorry.

Im not even going to go into the fact I dont own them or have them at home to get a quote.

Im not making any money from this and I would only be unbolting them and ringing them up and driving them to the post office with cardboard taped around them.

If no one takes them 100% for sure in about 3-4 days mods can lock the thread as they are most likely not even there anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
For everyone's info, it costed me about $25 per rim to ship these same rims off my Sport. I saved a little money by making two boxes of two rims. Total, you're looking at $80-$110 for shipping all 4 rims.

Calm down Splattered, I'm sure people are not very versed on hiring somebody to go get some rims and ship them. Be a little patient because I'm SURE a lot of ppl want those rims - it's just a matter of getting the money.

You said about $150 for you to even get them, plus $100 to ship. So anybody wanting these should count of $250 plus a little for Splattered's time and effort.

If you don't agree with this, Splattered let me know.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The chrome wheels were oftered on the 94/95 sc cars. They mostly came on the cars that had the pearl paint like my 94 sc. I have those on my car, just in bad shape. The chrome flakes right off the wheel.

In 97 they offered the fanblades in chrome.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Oh, so all these fan blades are 15" ??? I didn't realize that. The fan blades off my 1997 Sport that I sold were 16".....

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, so all these fan blades are 15" ??? I didn't realize that. The fan blades off my 1997 Sport that I sold were 16".....
Yes youre right on about 250 to get them(or less even) and ship them to your door. I figured most people knew this figure. I know that alot of money for nice 16s but no fan blade was ever 16" only SC rims. If it went on the SC or Mark they are 16"s other wise they are 15". Unless you have the rare 16 " cougar turbines or 30th anny cat wheels which I saw a set of those too.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I used to have a set of chrome sc cougar turbines.. At the time i didnt know they were rare

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealerships sent wheels out for chrome as a dealer installed option quite commonly.

The only chrome wheels I've ever seen from the factory where the 15" Fan Blades as several people have agreed.

Any 16" Tbird or Cougar wheels would likely be a dealer installed option.

I have been know to be wrong before. My wife tells me so all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yes youre right on about 250 to get them(or less even) and ship them to your door. I figured most people knew this figure. I know that alot of money for nice 16s but no fan blade was ever 16" only SC rims. If it went on the SC or Mark they are 16"s other wise they are 15". Unless you have the rare 16 " cougar turbines or 30th anny cat wheels which I saw a set of those too.
The rims that came off the 97 Sport TBird I parted out came with 16" rims that looked just like yours only they weren't chrome and I sold them. I know they were original that came with the car because I bought the car off the original owner (an old woman). Let me see if I can find a pic ...

... here we go!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ill vouch for Tim. Great person to deal with. We have had afew transactions back and forth it and it always goes smooth.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
$250 plus a little for Splattered's time and effort.

If you don't agree with this, Splattered let me know.
This is a great deal for rare wheels. (if Tim's good with that price...)

From what I've read, these are not dealer add-ons; they're factory, along with the chrome fanblades. (I have not seen these, but they exist in the option list.)

Personally, I've bought a sh*tload of killer parts off Tim. :thumbsup:

He shipped me a pristine hood, that I couldn't find anywhere, at a great amount of his personal hassle. :)

Arizona parts may be sun exposed, but they'll be rust free, lol.

I'd buy these myself if I hadn't just bought some very nice braces from racecougar, lol.

Just thought I'd support you, Tim. :)

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THanks for your kind words I remember than crate LOL I hope you turned it into a stripper stage or at least fire wood.

This is a great deal for rare wheels. (if Tim's good with that price...)

From what I've read, these are not dealer add-ons; they're factory, along with the chrome fanblades. (I have not seen these, but they exist in the option list.)

Personally, I've bought a sh*tload of killer parts off Tim. :thumbsup:

He shipped me a pristine hood, that I couldn't find anywhere, at a great amount of his personal hassle. :)

Arizona parts may be sun exposed, but they'll be rust free, lol.

I'd buy these myself if I hadn't just bought some very nice braces from racecougar, lol.

Just thought I'd support you, Tim. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Those are chrome 16" wheels off of a 97. You can tell the difference between a 97 sport wheel and the SC wheels because the 97 style didn't have a little indent for a screwdriver to remove the center cap from the wheel. Looks like a nice set!

GLWS!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Did those 30th anny wheels have any centers? I'm looking for some. Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts