TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up Guys and Gals?

I first saw this car when I was 15 years old (2000) when my folks brought it to KFC where I worked. I fell in love with these cars cause Dad drove one as an investigator. I put a lot of time and love in this car and drove it like I stole it. I traded her in around 2005 and regretted it ever since. I've had dreams about actually thinking I still owned this car. Well luckily for me ole girl was left abandoned on the side of the road in 7/2015. The owner after me kept the car all that time but never came and got her. DMV asked that the car be removed and he signed the title over in August 2015. I found her after all this time, and she's not a salvage title and was just needing love. The Flowmaster stickers I stuck on the side mirrors are still there but weathered. I was fortunate enough to bring my first car back home yesterday after 6+ hours of road time and over 400 miles! I will be posting restoration updates as I go along under the below hashtag which you can search on facebook and see the video. It's been 11 years since I've had her and she mine again. I've already found a donor car so time to get to work. ‪#‎fixinchikin You'll be able to search this and see anything I've done. ‬If you look at the video you'll notice a 94/95 bumper on it (something previous owner did). Appears the ball joint dropped in it which is why it wrecked. The rims and spoiler in the video are stuff that me and my pops installed. I'll keep yall posted. I'll figure out how to post pics eventually. :grin2: ‪

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I got her for $850 bucks. I've got some work to do, but I've found a donor car pretty cheap. I'm gonna make her great again. I really always liked the Xenon GFX but I think I'll get her back to rolling condition before I start brain racking on a DOHC, supercharger, heads, etc......lol.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,784 Posts
Welcome!

Good to here you found her and keeping another T-Bird on the road! :thumbsup:

You can post pictures up here. A lot of people aren't on Facebook or Tweeter so we won't see the updates you're doing.

Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
question about photos

Welcome!

You can post pictures up here. A lot of people aren't on Facebook or Tweeter so we won't see the updates you're doing.

Joe
Do you have to use photobucket?

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Cool story bro! :tongue:

Good luck getting her all back together again..I look forward to seeing your progress in the pics you post here..

You don't have to use Photobucket, but it is usually the most reliable..

Rayo..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here's some pics of what it looked like at the Sales "wrecked" section. I'm going to see if she cranks today! Anyway to post videos? Im going to record me cranking her tonight as I finally got a key made!!! I'm hoping the frame is not bent as you can see the buckle in the drivers rear quarter. Im hoping that's is possibly from the tire hitting the inner fender. Either way, gonna try to crank her and then work on replacing a ball joint probably tomorrow. Im hopeful it will crank as obviously it was "driving" when it was wrecked. Also the interior is trash. The rear of the vehicle is not in that bad of shape. Gonna need a dash, door panels, at least drivers seat, Cruise Controls, the black "wrap around" console pieces. Any tips and advice would be great. Found a donor car, but havent seen the "pretty clean" interior as the owner put it. Highly considering dying the interior black. Let me know you thoughts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics!

Welcome!

Joe
Got some pics! Check it out. Also do I need to start this thread in a new forum? I think I will anyway, I believe there is a restoration thread or something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know if I can put videos up here. I will upload them to YouTube soon. However if you can search Facebook for #fixinchikin you'll see the video of her running and how good she sounds!!!! Look it up!!! Just took a lil gas and a battery. Been sitting for almost a year, cranked right up!!! Tough car. I know for a fact it had 152,000 in 2012. Not sure how much now cause odometer has been changed and says 114000!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a great story, and like Joe said, nice to know your working to get another MN-12 out there, we need more.............
Thanks man I'll keep y'all updated!! I did tons of research up here as a 14 and 15 yr ole. Back at it again!! Looking for a xenon kit if anyone knows anybody. And a 3.73 rear. Under AX it just says "5" so I don't think I have a tru loc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey was gonna offer since I'm looking anyone looking for any parts? I found about 5 birds so far. Let me know I'm looking in junkyards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum, would love to see some updated pics!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Looking for a xenon kit if anyone knows anybody.
I thought I saw a Xenon set for sale in the classifieds not too long ago for a good price. Never was a big fan of the Xenon, but I tend to come across SC kits every so often.

- Dan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright guys, got some updates. So I've been junk yard diving and have pulled some parts, mainly for interior. Me and my pops got together yesterday and got the car back rolling after installing a sway bar link and a Moog ball joint. Man she still shifts and runs good. The car last had 152,000 miles on it documented, but the odometer has been changed. It now says 114,000 which I know is not the case. Either way she runs and shifts good. If it's the same motor I bet she has 170,000 on her easy. I'll confirm all that later. I sold her with about 112,000.

I didn't have any brakes but I think I've got that pinned down to a broken bleeder valve that happened when the ball joint dropped. Either way I'll check all the lines and get her back to good. By downshifting and not going over 60mph I did manage to get some video of some runs I did. I've also added all my videos thus far on youtube. Just search #fixinchikin with no spaces. Should pull them all up.

I did it from my cell phone so I will elaborate on videos from the desktop when I get time. Anyway it's been a blast and a fun way for me and my pops to spend time together. Yall look up #fixinchikin on youtube. I still have to find a hood and a bumper. Can't decide if I want to keep the 94/95 or go back with the original 96/97. Let me know what yall think!

Here's a pic of the suspension fixed:

Also here's a quick video of me just doing some pulls with no brakes lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts