TCCoA Forums banner

Found out why my sunroof leaks.

549 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Drive XR7 
#1 ·
I was working on the bird when it started to rain. Here comes this nice river flowing down the passenger side under the dash. Since I was there working on the PCM, I took down the visor and pulled down the headline and looked up to see the little nipple with the tube on it leaking. It is rusted through and leaks from the top. I know there is no fixing this. The nipple just kinda broke off. So I plugged it with some silicone and will let go until someone can tell me if it is repairable. It will probably be expensive. Should of bought the Charger R/T.

#2 ·
hmm, well, i think with some small pcv fittings you could rig something up. i know theres not a ton of room, but i had to change a drain tube due it being cut while sloting the a-pillars . i would recomend going shopping first then seeing what you have, the hose i used was a 5/16 clear tube and the the adpater fitting barbed nipple on side and i beleive half on the other so i could the bigger hose to hook up to the roof. you could get a silmilar fitting and get a nut to fit it, cut the tray drain flush and install the male end , install the nut , and silcone the snot out of it. just an idea, but should work.

#3 ·
If I did repair it, I was thinking more along the line of actually taking it somewhere and letting the pros do it. I'm just not sure about it. I have 3 other drain holes. So, big deal if this one doesn't work. Where would I get these parts? You said I should cut the nipple thing off and put something else in its place? Can you still use it as a wind deflector? Raise the back up instead of opening it all the way. I don't know what position it is called.

#4 ·
yea you can , i didnt mean cut the whole bottom off, jsut the nipple coming out for the drain .

#6 ·
bad93bird said:
Will it close properly? Not much room in there to do that. What a job. My wait for warmer days. It's like 40 degrees here now. I'm trying to work on the motor and I'm freezing my arse off.
40 degrees is warm enough for me to go out and wash the car. I wish it was that warm out here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.