TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Fox Body cars have interchangable suspension parts. Example....Would a Tubular K member for a Stang fit a Bird or Cat? Thanks

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Pretty much. There were some changes in suspension mounting geometry on the Fox cars over the years, in the K-member. Up to 1986 they are all the same except for SVO Mustangs. I think that 87 - 93 Mustang would be the same as 87 - 88 Turbo Coupe. At worst, you may just have to get the corresponding lower control arms to go with the type of K-member you're swapping in.

cheers,
Ed N.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the very early Fox body Mustangs that had the straight six (or was it a 2.8L V6) have different motor mount perches and won't work for a V8 swap. 2.3L and V8 have the same perches.

Also, there is a book somewhere that details all the little differences. Some are lighter, some have better suspension pickup points, some have fewer welds, etc.

I think it was a book discussing how to make a Fox Mustang handle better. It's a great book and if I can find it at the house tonight, I'll post some info. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts