TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not one to go around looking for trouble... but back when I had my 77' F-250 with a blown 514, c6, and 4:56 rear I couldn't help it. It was a real sleeper... getting about 2.5 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Actually many people try to pick on the mustangs..... Everbody on the road, from a corvette to a kid in a statoin wagon, tried to race me....
Exactly. When I had my '91 5.0L Mustang, everything on the road wanted a piece. Porsche's, F-body's, Mini-vans, Pick-up trucks... you name it and it probably tried to get a race. It gets old real quick.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Jack K said:
Exactly. When I had my '91 5.0L Mustang, everything on the road wanted a piece.
Reminds me of the time I took a 924 out for a spin and had some 4 door Olds Cutlas trying to play, he musta been insane.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Why buy an SS when you can make your bird more than that for about the same cost?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Adressing the issues:

A) Its not my fault if a GT or Cobra wants to play. Oh yeah, their are only 3 S/C Cobras in my little *** town, all are babied and are owned by older fellas. I've never seen an 03+ Cobra at the track now that i think about it.....

B)I used to live in Bucks County pensylvania.. Their road systems are horrible. Traffic jams every day. Anywho, for 17K, who could pass on an SS even if it were an auto?

C)Already had the SS when i was looking for an MN12 car. I orgionally wanted an Mark VII/VIII.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
Why buy an SS when you can make your bird more than that for about the same cost?
because of the higher potential that the SS has for about the same amount of money in mods....if your goal is to have an extremely fast car, it makes more sense to start out with something that's pretty fast already when it's stock

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
exactly why i want a ss....very strong stock...now imagine with mods :ztoohot:

-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-2.5in piping from headers to the back tips
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires

·
Registered
972 Posts
Im really not understanding the point in why people buy new cars just to show people they have money, when in reality, they will be paying it off for the next 5-10 years.

If you take the average price of a Mustang Cobra- $35,000.

Take a Pontiac Fiero-$2000 in good shape, Lambo body kit and doors with interior kit-$6000, Blown 350 conversion-$7000 Or Northstar-$1000, Paint job-$6500, Set of nice rims, Bam!!!!!

You have a nicer faster car that you can say you built. Vs, Yea, I working 2 jobs just to make the payments on this mustang.

Ive seen these kits cars built for $10,000 and look just like the real thing. Id like to see a gt have a bite at that, if it could catch it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
93sleeper said:
Im really not understanding the point in why people buy new cars just to show people they have money, when in reality, they will be paying it off for the next 5-10 years.

If you take the average price of a Mustang Cobra- $35,000.

Take a Pontiac Fiero-$2000 in good shape, Lambo body kit and doors with interior kit-$6000, Blown 350 conversion-$7000 Or Northstar-$1000, Paint job-$6500, Set of nice rims, Bam!!!!!

You have a nicer faster car that you can say you built. Vs, Yea, I working 2 jobs just to make the payments on this mustang.

Ive seen these kits cars built for $10,000 and look just like the real thing. Id like to see a gt have a bite at that, if it could catch it.
well, for one thing, not everyone has the time/desire/knowledge/tools/work area to do stuff like this themselves, and it would significantly raise the price to have someone do it for you.

you might have a nice garage with every tool known to man and a lot of extra time to do it, but that doesn't mean everyone does....

not to mention, a lot of people have to drive the vehicle as their daily driver, so they can't afford to have a vehicle down for weeks at a time

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What is all this talk about buying new cars to show people you have money? What about reliability and warranty? What about NEW is so bad?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jack K said:
What is all this talk about buying new cars to show people you have money? What about reliability and warranty? What about NEW is so bad?
exactly....every car that every person on this forum owns was new at one time....somebody had to buy it when it was new, even if it wasn't you

if nobody bought new cars, they would stop making cars....

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
95ThundaChik'n said:
if nobody bought new cars, they would stop making cars....
no, they'd just lower the price and use cheaper parts.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Jack K said:
Exactly why i want to buy New next time around.. if this MN12 doesn't Kill me first.. I love to have the Turn Key reliability.. and if something screws up.. i take it to the dealer and say `YOU fix this' as oppose to me me fixing.. IE i'm SICK AND TIRED of fixing my own cars :mad:

Also back on the topic of MUSTANGS and Mustang owners :)

Why the Hell do they, the ones that drive 5 spds, have to bip the throttle like 2-3 times before moving?? is it a Penis extension type thing or what??? I drive a 5.0L 5spd Mn12.. and i shure do not have the `blip' the throttle to get `moving'

Sorry was at a car gathering last night.. and basiclly ALL the mustangs (driven by younger guys thou (under 30) were doing that..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thomas said:

no, they'd just lower the price and use cheaper parts.
which will equal smaller cars that don't last as long and fall apart on you in half the time

but as far as the Mustang owners wanting to race....so what? if you don't wanna race, just don't race them....but that's what a lot of stang owners buy them for, to race people....let them have their fun (as long as they don't do just stupid stuff, like trying to race you in rush hour traffic or something....). it's not hurting you any to decline them their race.....

·
Registered
972 Posts
91 XR7 said:
Exactly why i want to buy New next time around.. if this MN12 doesn't Kill me first.. I love to have the Turn Key reliability.. and if something screws up.. i take it to the dealer and say `YOU fix this' as oppose to me me fixing.. IE i'm SICK AND TIRED of fixing my own cars :mad:

:confused: "You fix this" ??????? You know, buy the time something on the vehicle breaks its not covered under warranty anymore or never was. Not to mention, alot of times they REQUIRE you to get the vehicle serviced there for a period of time.

You need to read the fine print cause there is a catch, this isnt a saturn comercial, they will get you one way or another. Dealerships are loseing money, you think they will jump right on a $400 job when they can just pull out a magnifying glass and show you that it isnt covered under warranty.

What do you suppose is going to break under warranty? Hmm, The car makes a noise going around a corner, you take it to the dealership and it turns out to be suspension mounts, Not covered under warranty.

Misfiring engine, Hmm, Sir did you come back and have a tune up done with GENUINE factory parts? Nope< well, thats not covered under warranty.

Dealerships need the money so much that they have even locked access to change the oil on Jags, You have to take it back to the dealership just to get an oil change!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Hmm haven't really heard of them being that bad up here.. i heard ALOT of horor stories down south thou.. OUCH!..

Also doesn't EVERYTHING last just long enough usually for the Warrenty to end?? be it a car, TV, Computer, Microwave, Desk, frying pan?? and so forth??

Also reading the fine print is good.. HECK i may cough up the $42+ Gs and buy a car from work.. least i know other then standard wear items are truely covered :)

heh and i get paided to work on my own car?? and maybe a disocunt since it coudl be used as a demo :)

and there's owners of dealerships up here that have WAY too much money.. 4+ delaerships.. and owns MANY MANY warehouses of Toys..

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
now sell that car you built, see how much you get out of it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
LX-Tasy said:
Hey Porkchop, I have a 1500 dollar car and I will race ya.Mine is all stock and has a 4 cyl.And yes it it a Thunderbird also so you dont have to cry about getting whooped my a stang.
Chris
Hey lx, when you stop him with a Turbocoupe, you can have a shot at my 1988 Mx6 Gt that I only paid $300 for.

Hey Fubarian, A fiero/ferarri that I helped build sold for $18,500 cash on the spot. We only invested $1,500 for fiero- $3400 for a used kit, Esterellas $500, And most of the body work and frame streching was done at a trades school by me and a few class mates.

The only downfall of building one, You have to get the buyer to sign a "no warranty" paper since the frame was altered.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Fubarian said:
now sell that car you built, see how much you get out of it.
the Depreation (sp) will be ALOT less then your car is worth

We have like 5-8 year old cars going for like $5-6,000 LESS then a brand new one..
now lets see here.. was your car worth 5-6K less just in 5-6 years.. NAH ALOT more less.. Heck i know my car was.. Orginal price (cdn) was like $26-32K i bought it less then 6 years later for $10g's not even HALF the price and it was near mint then

Sorry the Cars I Build are ALOT better investment then most other cars...

HECK we have a 1989 Car at work for sale, going for the SAME price as a Brand new one.. Yah it has a freshly rebuild 2.7L F6 in it.. but still :tongue:

and MAN are people are touchy or whatever in this topic

41 - 60 of 75 Posts