TCCoA Forums banner

Freakin Nightmare!!!!!!

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  AnthraxBird 
#1 ·
its such a nice day, that i went out to buy new spark plugs,got autolite double platinums, went to do my easy nice day quick car maintainance, and BAM! motor oil all over my freakin spark plugs!(no wonder my oil has been dissappearing)

all i can determine is valve stem seals,which means i got some PITA work to do now. since i am going to have to replace them, i might as well rebuild the freakin engine,this SUX!

#2 ·
Oil burned on the tip, or filling up the spark plug wells, and coating the threads and ceramic part outside the combustion chamber?

#4 ·
do i need valve stem seals or just valve cover gaskets? never really had oil covered spark plugs so i dont really know for sure.

#6 · (Edited)
okay,the part of the plug that actually creates the spark is fine and clean, but the remaining part of the plug that is not screwed in gets covered in oil.(the white top half).

#7 ·
So the ceramic part of the plug is covered in oil? If so.... valve cover gaskets. If the lower part ogf the plug(the part IN the head) has oil on it, valve seals. Mine's huffing a little oil but I have bigger fish to fry right now before I fix that problem.

#8 ·
Even if it is the valve stem seals, I'm no four-point-six-ologist, but I hardly think that replacing them is tantamount to rebuilding the motor...

#11 ·
Don't forget to get the valve cover set that also has the grommet/seals for the bolts, that is likely where it is leaking oil externally from and coating the outside of the plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.