TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I ran 3 cars. My old 85 Cavalier. They missed that the car was purchased w/ lien by my father in the late eighties and the tranfer to my name years later is missing too. Their records jump straight from 1rst(?) owner to the third owner... not good.

Next was my 97. It has a minor history glitch. Autocheck shows it was 1rst titled in CO, then PA the next day (they got it backwards) then it was renewed in CO 5 months later? It was actually bought in PA and retitled in CO the next day with the same 11 miles reported on the odometer (I suspect it was an insurance premium dodge).

The 3rd car was my 89 Cougar and the records looked pretty accurate for it.

With the 89 & 97 they hit all the major points however CARFAX does have a slightly more detailed history report on both. (mention of extended warranties and other little title changes & details not in the Autocheck report)

Kind of hit or miss but cool for free and it gives you something to compare with carfax to see if either has something the others missed... thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
WOW. I'M A 6TH OWNER... at least the history is clean. only a lien holder at one time. originally from kansas city. then to independence. and back to kc, then here to wichita. owned twice here, counting me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I actually found this to be quite accurate with my 96 bird. The only thing it doesnt mention is an accident it was in on the passengers side front quarter panel, but everything else is pretty darn accurate. Bird's been around the block ;) First starting out in New Jersey; then Douglasville, GA; then Bettendorf, IA; Portland, OR; Gresham, OR; then Kennewick with me :) Only other thing I find inaccurate is a lien was placed on the vehicle 1 month after i bought it. Kinda weird

I checked the car that I bought my tranny from in Spokane. Poor cougar had a tough life. 30th anniverserary Fleet vehicle from Cali, liened twice, wrecked once, then built salvageable/rebuilt title, then wrecked again on 12/18/2004 in Spokane, WA. Last seen at recycling facility with 43K on it. Thats the car that I got my new tranny from :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Accurate with my 96 bird also.... unfortunitly its probably accurate for my 85 300zx I just towed home today. But it was free so I don't care about a wrong odometer reading.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sweet. I guess my car was bought in Mass, hit the auction at 60,000 miles, and then stayed in Maine after that. Did have a lien on it in 04. Good info.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My V6 is coming up with odometer problems. It exceeds mechanical limits. Whatever that means. the car had 23k on it when my mom bought it in 96. The odometer quit working on me at 175k and the car has around 200k+ on it now.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
pnyklr. click the link. then on the address bar type your vin number after teh = sign.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
the mileage wasnt even recorded when i bought my car. it was 160001 the last time it was titled. it was at 3100 miles when it was first titled. so it may have been a lease, or a program car.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
crap, it doesnt work anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.