TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I am. Received my 3rd degree years ago. Of course it was right before my daughter was born so haven't been to a regular stated meeting in years. My Dad has also been a member for a long time (remember going to lodge when I was a kid for family night), and is also a Shriner in the Moolah Temple here in STL. Maybe some day I can free up enough time/money to join one of the patrols in the shrine. I do what I can in between with donations to the hospital and helping out at the circus every year.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I am. Received my 3rd degree years ago. Of course it was right before my daughter was born so haven't been to a regular stated meeting in years. My Dad has also been a member for a long time (remember going to lodge when I was a kid for family night), and is also a Shriner in the Moolah Temple here in STL. Maybe some day I can free up enough time/money to join one of the patrols in the shrine. I do what I can in between with donations to the hospital and helping out at the circus every year.
Do you have one of those sweet mini-cars? :)
-g

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! I started in January with my 1st,and managed to be raised to third before we went dark for the summer.

Our first meeting back is next Monday. I didn't know before I joined, but my great grandfather was a Mason in a nearby town in the early 1900s, and my great grandmother was Eastern Star.

·
Super Moderator
16,752 Posts
Wait, I thought this was a secret society? :tongue:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O8DXE5Sx5m8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Do you have one of those sweet mini-cars? :)
-g
No, but I do work on one of them. One of the guys in the YOMO patrol has figured out how to ride on 2 wheels (like one side or the other). Always a huge crowd pleaser. Problem with that is tuning the carb to not only run when it's level but also keep him moving when the car is at an 75* angle, lol... I should come up with a way to have the fuel assembly swivel so it stays level when the cart is tilted. Either that or fuel injection but they have to stay with the 5hp motors in those.

Thought about getting one of the mini-indy cars, but those run around 5K or so including the trailer.

I did however just find out that they have a muscle/classic car patrol and they do quite a few events/parades. Might be the perfect reason to go out and find my 70 Monte that I want :D Should only run me around 30K or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts