TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
damn. so how hard is it to fabricate a set up?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been thinking alot about the remote turbo setup I saw on Trucks on SpikeTV. http://www.ststurbo.com/products
I wouldn't need to change my exhaust manifolds (A new set of Kooks 3/4) and I wouldn't need to cut up my K-member or buy a tubular one.

Im sure there is a cheaper way to piece together a setup individually but, as far as univeral kits go this is the best way I know of.

The only things I don't like about the remote turbo setup are the amount of extra plumbing need to return charged air to the front of the car and the turbo being exposed to road conditions more than an under hood setup. I've heard a hot turbo could crack if it gets splashed by a sizeable puddle or a small snowdrift. With a turbo jacket the risk should be minimal but I don't know of anyone who has tried this on an MN-12.

This is my favorite turbo option but if somebody has a better way, I have a new best friend.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
cool thanks i took a look at that and i think ill stick with a sc afterall still going abcka dn forht more top end or instant power

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
I've been thinking alot about the remote turbo setup I saw on Trucks on SpikeTV. http://www.ststurbo.com/products
I wouldn't need to change my exhaust manifolds (A new set of Kooks 3/4) and I wouldn't need to cut up my K-member or buy a tubular one.

Im sure there is a cheaper way to piece together a setup individually but, as far as univeral kits go this is the best way I know of.

The only things I don't like about the remote turbo setup are the amount of extra plumbing need to return charged air to the front of the car and the turbo being exposed to road conditions more than an under hood setup. I've heard a hot turbo could crack if it gets splashed by a sizeable puddle or a small snowdrift. With a turbo jacket the risk should be minimal but I don't know of anyone who has tried this on an MN-12.

This is my favorite turbo option but if somebody has a better way, I have a new best friend.

Bill Wheeler (owner of this club aka Sir William) has an STS prototype rear mount turbo on his T-bird.

David

·
Registered
484 Posts
the turbo being exposed to road conditions more than an under hood setup. I've heard a hot turbo could crack if it gets splashed by a sizeable puddle or a small snowdrift. With a turbo jacket the risk should be minimal but I don't know of anyone who has tried this on an MN-12.
mount the turbo in the trunk ive seen it done befor

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.