TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a good friend that has a 01 Cobra Vert and he has been getting hasseled at the track for a role bar. He runs consistant 13.70's with it and it is near stock. Basically the magnaflow kit that goes from the x-pipe back.
So begins looking for a bolt in role cage that looks good and can snap out because he has two youngins.

One day he sends me an email about a 99 Cobra that he came across in Ohio. Turns out that this is one sick mustang and hasn't been driven for 2 years because the owner is stationed in Korea. He will be back soon but wants to buy a house so he has placed the car up for sale. Under 20K or a partial trade. He offers him just above half of that plus his 96 ford ranger and he takes it.

Motor was built by Houston performance and can hold 20 pds of boost. Their are two walbro pumps with a regulator that says under 3700 rpm half voltage and above it full. Then there is a switch for drag-racing. Everything is what he wanted in his Cobra.

He drove from Illinois in the truck to Ohio and bought it and then drove the Cobra home. 10+ hours home. He had one problem when he got into Illinois and that was the temperature gauge got hot. He shut it down waited 10 min and it was already cold. He then drove the rest of the 2 hours home without an issue. Sounds to me like the thermastat stuck.

One of his comments was, "Ernie I know why people drive hot rods nicely, because it is scary when you drop the hammer."

Car runs mid 11's with a street tire on and it looks completely stock from the outside with the exception that it is lowered 2"

·
8,239 Posts
Midnight said:
One of his comments was, "Ernie I know why people drive hot rods nicely, because it is scary when you drop the hammer."

Give him a month or so that will change, trust me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the car has more because it is currently pullied for 14 pds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts