TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to this thread:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=113305

I looked through craigslist for mobile, alabama since it's close to here. Found this:

http://mobile.craigslist.org/car/689558828.html

Called the guy up, asked him about the car and all it's problems, and we set up a meeting for this afternoon. Paid in cash and now we have it! He said tranny slipped in third, and I already knew the problem. The overdrive is locking up the torque converter when it hits third so it just revs. Turned off OD and it works fine. Going to have to get a new one eventually, but that was the ONLY big problem with it. Exterior is in excellent condition, no clear coat rot or anything. The left turning lamp is gone (fender lamp?) The interior is the best part. No rips in the seats, no tears on anything, wood trim is nice. Only missing a couple buttons for the computer (snapped them off and put in his other Mark VIII) I just took pics of it, here they are.

NOTE: You can see my T-Bird in the background! (On Jack Stands without tires, lol)

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
Awsome catch! (other than that color)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
glad i could help you out, kinda

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
thats what i paid for mine $500 in cash, keep an eye on that air ride....mine was bad when i got it so i threw springs in it. never have to worry again

as she is today: 95 Black on black

have fun with it, its got some kick it it and rides nice, got any questions on tranny talk to Darrin at BC Automotive and for air ride call American Air Suspensions, both great guys

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yesterday was a good day for craigslist finds. I got this one for $500. It was listed for a few weeks. Its a 93 with a bad head gasket with 83k miles, but has true dual exhaust, new battery, alternator, no radio, but 4 pairs of aftermarket speakers. Looks like newer Mark or Continental rims.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
if its had true duel exhaust its either aftermarket or an LSC version. those are stock mark viii rims but i think were only found on Gen 2's good find tho

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yesterday .... Looks like newer Mark or Continental rims.
Those are Octastars, probably worth $500 to the right Mark owner all by themselves. I think they were available on the 97s and 98s only but not 100% sure, they're definitely not original to the 93.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Maybe not the way I worded it (Tired last night) but it's true...I mean I'm not going to argue or anything but I know I'm right lol

Thanks for all the replies guys. We're gunna be fixing it up this week. Rear air ride has a small leak in it but drives fine as it re-inflates and holds. He'll get it checked out though, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
where in FL are you? p-cola or FWB?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If this keeps up we're going to have enough folks in this part of the woods to have a 'Bird/Mark night out at Emerald Coast....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Those are Octastars, probably worth $500 to the right Mark owner all by themselves. I think they were available on the 97s and 98s only but not 100% sure, they're definitely not original to the 93.
lol i dunno about $500 but they deff would bring in more money than the other stock mark rims

·
Registered
313 Posts
If this keeps up we're going to have enough folks in this part of the woods to have a 'Bird/Mark night out at Emerald Coast....
I used to go to Emerald Coast all the time. I got a friend that races there. Sadly now I only go when I'm home on leave though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where in FL are you? p-cola or FWB?
Pensacola. It's actually because of you my friend has this Mark VIII, so thanks man! :D

Umm question though. You see the buttons to the computer on this pic?

http://www.woodtonetrim.com/ebay_img/foto/romani777/LincMarkVIII-97-98-Italian3R.jpg

The guy that sold it to him had another Mark VIII and took some of the buttons off. (Economy, Reset, and directional) Where could I get more of these buttons? I figure going to a junk yard and taking them off, but then again Mark VIIIs are rare around here. (And in general)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
id say JY is you best bet....that whole set of buttons pops right out of the dash and has 2 plugs going to it, if you can find one it is very easy to take out and put in yours....i dont know if the Gen1's and Gen2's are the same shape etc.

oh and look here for some info too www.markviii.org

1 - 20 of 25 Posts