TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i guess the wire for the O2 sensor in front of the cat on the passenger side is longer than what the replacement ones i bought were. what brand O2 sensor can i get that is that same length. i got the Bosch one and it went in perfectly on the driver side but the passenger side was a *****. ASAP!

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
get the bosch ones. when i replaced mine, i was worried that the wires wouldnt be long enough. but i got the replacement ones and they fit fine. you may need to tug on the connectors so they will reach.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It doesnt hurt anything to extend the wires if you really need more. Tape them up good to keep out water though. I put bosch on my '92 3.8 back in the day and had no problems.
-Rob

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there a extension harness i can buy for them

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
nope. You could try trading in the one you have for a universal fit Bosch O2 for your car. Then you splice the connector on to the wires. The universal fit O2 has longer wires.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
noooooo universal = bad. They operate at a wider range to comply with different computers on different cars, and this makes them less accurate. They make Bosch OEM fit ones with a long wire, I've seen it in the computer at work.
-Thomas

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so then how am i gonna find a replacement O2 sensor for the passenger side before the cat without having to do anything to the wires

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
autozone, advance auto parts, o'reilly's, etc. the replacement ones are a direct swap, no cutting and splicing of wires needed. did you try tugging on the connectors some? i had to tug on mine some to make them "click" together.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
and like I said, my computer at work (o'reilly) listed 2 OEM replacements, one with a longer wire.
-Thomas

·
Registered
116 Posts
so then how am i gonna find a replacement O2 sensor for the passenger side before the cat without having to do anything to the wires
man you can cut and splice for probably 2 dollars for a whole roll of the wire youd need...it will NEVER give you a problem because given enough slack nothing pulls on them they just lay there...

its a 3minute/ 2dollar fix

good luck figuring it out let us know what you come up with

1 - 11 of 11 Posts