TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried t find my previous thread where someone explained the Multifunction switch replacement, but it seems it has fallen off the face of the BBS. The damn thing finnaly crapped out tonight...in the rain. All I have now is highbeams, and only if I pull them back. I actualy spun out trying to counter steer with one hand, 260rwtq doesn't like the rain :mad:
I hate to be an arse, but could some one run down the procedure? :(
thanks
Eric

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's easy. i even have the part for you (94-97). my problem was the damned harness :mad:
$30 shipped. Still have reciept for $50 from ford. e-mail me if interested.

Disconnect battery.
take off three bolts (7mm) at bottom of panel by driver knee.
take off three bolts (8mm) at botttom of black panel
take off two bolts (8mm) just above the cluster
take off the three (four?) screws that holds the bottom of the steering colum cover to the top.
take apart the steering colum cover.
pop off the black piece. careful to disconnect rear def.
tilt the steering wheel down, and wrangle black peice out
there are three hex/torx screws holding it in....I think T10
there are two harness connections...I hate those things.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for teh info dude. I'm going to check some of the ford places here first, it's my only car, so the Now'er, the better :)
time to stretch and get ready. lol

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah, dude, being the cheap basta'd that i am, i was planning on servicing the switch anyways :D I actualy had thoughs of bipassing it all and just having a bank of switches.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, I cleaned the POS out and it didnt do anything but rob me of 1/2 hour of my life, thank you ford. :D It seemed like the problem was the grease they lude it with, it was almost solid. well, its all gone now,along with some dust, and there is no change :(
So, looks like I'm off to the dealership to see how much they want to rheem me out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
new problem. I got a brand new switch and installed it. hooked up the battery and the headligths came on....right when I hooked upt he battery! I cant turn the things off! :mad: I tested it and it worked before I put it all back tofgether. Damngint! wtf could be the problem now?
ok, nevermind. Turns out the idiot light switch that I never use and subsequently forgot about had benn knocked ON during mu bumblings around the dash. Friggin thing:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts