TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come...after 5 years of collecting parts for this swap that many people told me it was not worth doing it will be done soon. The car is going in on Saturday and should be done in a 11 days from then. I will post pics of the engine tonight. I have just one part left. The V8 ECU. Engine going in is out of an 03 Mustang GT. Does the t-bird ECU need to be out of a 96/97 V8 or can it also be out of a 94/95 LX V8? It is going to be re-flashed anyways, just wondering if it matters. All other parts are ready to go. It has been a very long expensive road to get to this point.

Much thanx to Homer for his help in colecting parts. He was the expert since he has had about 10 tbirds. And his knowledge of Sara came in handy also.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If you have a 94 then a 94/95 computer would be your best bet.

-Miller

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
as long as its an eec-v it should be fine if its getting reflashed. the 94 eev-iv wont work with the motor, so go to the yards!! the ecu isnt hard to pull out

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SVT2888 said:
What happened Mr. Its not worth it to sink any money in to these turds? LOL. Just messing with you for all the times you told me not to mod my car, and that it's not worth it.

Did you end up getting the Intake Plenum and Throttle body?

Ohh make no mistake. This has to be the worst investment I have EVER made. If I were to take it back I would.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its all relative, you pay to keep it on the road or you pay for a new car.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
sooo many engine swaps happening this season. i think the worse investment would be air bag suspension but to each his own.

:)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Porkchop said:
so your tbird is all one color now?:cool:

or is it faded/different colored still?
I don't care anymore. It's POS colored. It needs a new motor mount, wheel still shakes like there's no tomorrow, still blows smoke and makes coolant and oil dissapear and the fuel gauge doesn't work. But I don't feel like fixing any of that!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Porkchop said:
sooo many engine swaps happening this season. i think the worse investment would be air bag suspension but to each his own.

:)

I think the worse investment would be to sell a modded running bird for a non modded non running bird. Now that is a bad investment.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
hahah live and learn right?

plus there was wayy too much rust, damage, and repairs needed.

id rather get a car that needs one major thing rather then 30 small things

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
94ONAIR said:
Well the time has come...after 5 years of collecting parts for this swap that many people told me it was not worth doing it will be done soon. The car is going in on Saturday and should be done in a 11 days from then. I will post pics of the engine tonight. I have just one part left. The V8 ECU. Engine going in is out of an 03 Mustang GT. Does the t-bird ECU need to be out of a 96/97 V8 or can it also be out of a 94/95 LX V8? It is going to be re-flashed anyways, just wondering if it matters. All other parts are ready to go. It has been a very long expensive road to get to this point.

Much thanx to Homer for his help in colecting parts. He was the expert since he has had about 10 tbirds. And his knowledge of Sara came in handy also.
I think it depends on which engine wiring harness you are using .. the 94/95 have the E-dis module seperate, and the 96/97 is built into the EEC, if I remember correctly. Or you could re-wire it.

- Dan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts