TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger window has been giving me trouble lately - and today, it stopped working altogether.

I have not taken apart the door yet to see, but I have my suspicions as to what it may be.

The switch has been cutting out, and works intermittently. There is a sound coming from the door when the switch is pressed, like when you try to pull the window down when it's already at the bottom.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Woo-Hoo!!! MY problems with my window are fixed.

I grabed a spare window switch that I had laying around, and installed it - and wouldn't you know - the window works GREAT, and also works from the driver's door too .

What causes a switch to go bad like that? THe car does nothing but sit 98% of the time....

The above is the original thread with problem and solution . I too discovered that I had a bad passenger side window switch and swapped it out. I One problem begets another, however. While trying to diagnose the power problem, one thing I did was replace the passenger window motor (thinking that was the problem). For the life of me, I can not get the gears on the window motor to line up with the gears on the regulator!! I have posted regarding this before, with no solution. I don't know what I could be doing wrong. It seems like there's something missing from the motor -- the gears on the face of the motor seem too small to match up with the gears on the regulator. Is there some plastic overlay or something that helps the connection? Or could it be that by using grease on the gears they can't lock up with the regulator teeth and slip? I need help!!!

If somebody wants to email me privately and tell me what I could be doing wrong, or differently, that would be appreciated. People are probably tired of seeing my idiot posts by now. Sorry for all the explanation establishing the original and new problems. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey - that's a familiar looking 'quote' :D!

Uh, if you don't get a positive answer, a last resort would be to open up the other door, and dissassemble that side's power window, MAKING SURE TO REMEMBER WHAT WAY IT CAME APART!!!

Then, you'll know which way the guts in the other door that aren't working go together :).

Kevin.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there another solution

Didn't really want to go that route if I didn't have to -- with all the problems I have had with the passenger door off, who knows what kind of Pandora's Box I'll be opening by removing the driver's side to compare notes!

Anybody have any other ideas?

ice-nyne
-----------------
90 V6 Bird - no mods, no upgrades

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
you could always open one from a wrecked cougar/bird, or one of your friend's that has one...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts