TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was wonderin if i could take that piece of crap limited piping from the MAF to the throttle body...what could it be replaced with?...cant i jus put a straight kind of pipe into the throttle body opening?

ive seen some tbirds do it before

u can see where the piping was made from the maf to the tb...now my question how wide would this piping have to be?...would it affect anything like the engine or the computer?...

-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-2.5in piping from headers to the back tips
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what ur saying is that i can get a 94-95 civic cai and use the tube to use from the MAF to the tB?

-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive heard u can get a civic type cheap kit like at walmart....u heard of that and how much would that run for?

do u have aol or aim?....cuz everytime i have a question ur there to answer me and we both representin cali ^_^

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I had a civic tube on my '95. It pretty easy to install, you don't really need instructions. Just go to the ricer section in Autozone, and get the tube. I didn't want the chrome, so I primered and painted mine body color. I did have to oval the end of the tube a bit to clear the hood. The hardest part was finding the rubber tube locally to connect the tube to the MAF. I ended up having to use drier hose temporarily, and wrapped it in heat reflective tape to help a little until I found the right hose, so that is what you see shiney in this pic.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont use the dryer vent, i used that and it ripped everytime i opend the hood, Goto Autozone and get the Spectre black plastic universal intake tube, its a black peice of flex and you can cut it to the lenght you need it, and it works great

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah, it will work fine, since i replaced the vent with the spectre tube,

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The dryer tube was temporary, as stated above, because I couldn't find the actual rubber hose to match up for a couple days.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i bought the civic intake tube today at autozone today....

it came with the rubber part and some clamps and a hose for the breather element thingy *still a newb :D *...would that be all that i need?...i know the install is pretty much easy but i was wonderin if there were specific tools i was gonna need or any more parts or sealants?...lemme know guys...

plus i found out that the tube from the MAF to the tb had a leak in it and was cracked close to the tb opening...so after this i know i will see some improvement since this isnt as restricted as the stock piping we have on our cars...would it make a difference in performance or sound?....

thanx guys

-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
to anyone who has done this did they have to cut thier tube or shave any part of the civic tube in any way?....jus makin sure i dont want it not fitting and to be at the last second...thanx alot guys...man i love these forums :D

-High flow cats
-Dual Flowmaster Exhast
-K&N Panel Air Filter
-245/60/15 yoko tires
-Scott's *Custom* Gauges

1 - 20 of 54 Posts