TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I picked up a early sc swaybar to put on my 96.

The bar came without any endlinks or anything except just the bar, and these circle metal clips clamped on the bar.

I picked up a set of front endlinks from napa today.

Is the front swaybar supposed to have those U shaped rubber things that clamp on the swaybar (like the rear does)

Or do I have everything I need.

I'm kinda scratching my head here. I'm taking it to my buddys shop to work on it on his lift and want to make sure I have all the parts before I start.

thanks,
JH

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
It is held down to the subframe by two U-shaped brackets that bolt down over the top of the bushing. Other than the end links that is all that is on the front bar unless that bar had some sort of positioning collars like the Addcos do.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Justin, FYI ... the metal U-brackets are the same for the front of all the MN-12 cars, regardless of year or model. So you just need to get the bushings with the correct inside diameter for the different bar, you can likely reuse your original brackets.

cheers,
Ed N.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.

So, i guess I need that bushing. I just called napa and they sell the bushing itself but they don't sell the U bracket or the hardware for it.

The bushings are 22 bucks a piece, so I'll probably want one used.

Anybody got one laying around for a supercoupe bar (90 sc)

thanks.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
There is a mount bracket and a bushing for each side of the car, so you'll need two. I have a pair of bushings here from the MN-12 performance kit, brand new ones, what is the diameter of that bar? I can check the diameter of the bushings, I know it says on the side of them. Or if someone knows that they will work off the top of their head then that would make it easier. They are poly ones.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its 1.20''.

I'll have to talk to thomas and see if he can fedex them to me otherwise i'll buy them from you Rod.

Man I hope he has those brackets and that hardware, otherwise I have to go to the boneyard.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Justin, are your original U-brackets damaged or bent? As I mentioned, they are all the same regardless of bar diameter, so you should be able to reuse them ... all you should need are the bushings themselves that fit in them.

cheers,
Ed N.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ed, the problem is that I don't have any brackets at all. My car currently does not have a front swaybar, it was removed when the previous owner had the suspension setup for a drag strip.

I'm trying to get my paws on a set. :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Don't be too hard on yourself, I might not have known either if I hadn't seen the sway bar laying on the floor next to the car in a garage a couple years ago and known that he had bought that car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts