TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanna put some new front speakers in the coug. It's a '95 i was wondering what size the speakers are i'm thinking they're the 4x6. also if anybody has taken the door panels off could you send me a quick walkthrough some pics would be great. thanks guys.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dont have any pics but: the speakers are 5X7 6X8 universal - just llook for 6X8's.
A good place to buy speakers is www.hifisoundconnection.com. Their prices are less that half of what Crutcfield charges. I put 2 pair of Kickers in mine at the cost of $99.90 for 2 pair, shipped. Crutchfield gets $139.95 for each pair. They really sound good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
OK! This is a round about way to get it but you will get specific directions.
Go to www.lincolnsofdistinction.org. Go the the "search function". Enter "door panel removal", hit "enter" and look at the very first two posts that come up. There is your answer. I know the info is for a Mark VIII but it is essentially the same for a bird. I have been on that forum for several years, and it was easier for me to find the info there than here BUT, I am sure the search function works the same here as iit does there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right on man thanks a lot! i'm thinkin of putting the alpine type R 5x7's in the front i got the infinite reference in the back so i have a good feeling about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts